or Connect

Posts by Knottster

How do you store your ties? I'm getting really fed up with the hangers. Do you roll in a drawer? Do you have an organiser?   Really interested to hear!
How do you store your ties? I'm getting really fed up with the hangers. Do you roll in a drawer? Do you have an organiser?   Really interested to hear!
  Ahha, I think Brooks is definately worth a look. Hawes and Curtis 18 in the classic fit are ok, apart from the waist which is so nearly there. Apparently the wasit sizing on that is 55 inches, so an extra few inches would be perfect.   Ta!
  Thanks for the welcome - I like it here already!   In terms of the weight loss, I'm on the case. Using myfitnesspal and keeping the calories down and everything balanced. Hospital physio very soon, which will let me know what I can and can't do. The nature of the strain is actually pretty hard to pinpoint.   I do need a shirt or two whilst my weight is still high, due to the nature of my job. I'm fine dressing more casual over the summer, but I have 30 new staff I will...
Yup, I'm thinking MTM, but don't know where would be a good place to start, and also interested if there is anyone out there on the larger side who can recommend a place which made it well so it didn't look like a tent!   http://www.moderntailor.com/ - are these guys any good?
I'm about 270lb. A little bigger. On the way down fast, but need something in the meantime until I fit into my wardrobe of slightly nicer clothes again.   Due to a sporting injury, haven't been able to do the usual twice weekly football game, hence the epic gain!
I'm an 18.5 neck. Based in the UK. In terms of waist, 46 inch trousers, but with a bit of a gut, so bigger shirts are OK, until I sit down.   For example, a Lewin 19 inch regular fit shirt gives me the extra width I need when stood up, but when I sit down it pulls on the central button.
Thanks for that. It isn't just the sleeve length I have an issue with though - it is the size of the gut, especially when I sit down - hence me thinking I should maybe look into made to measure.  
So I'm fat and I want to buy a shirt which actually fits well. I'm also only 5 9, so when I buy a larger size shirt the arms are almost always far too long.   I guess I need to go made to measure (and to lose weight, working on that one as well!), and on the internet on my limited budget, but I was wondering if anyone else out there was larger and had any recommendations as to who actually follows the larger measurements well when making a shirt.   Any thoughts...