or Connect

Posts by cathpah

Isn't it amazing he feels the need to mention that?  I've talked to White's and Baker's many times...yet I don't feel the need to mention a phone call to try (and fail) to make myself sound important.  Napoleon complex in full effect, me thinks.
They're 9" BH in smooth distressed.  Lined (was not by intent...but I don't really mind it), antique hooks and eyes with a set of eyes at the top, single celastic, plain toe, close trim, Vibram 430, natural edge, block heel lowered 1/4", cut top, pull loop. Here's an album I posted a while back with more photos.  If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.  These are likely my favorite boots, although they've developed a squeak at the back of the heel on the...
Wow.  That's mind-blowing.  Lots of photographers in this world...not a whole lot who shoot what we shoot!  Feel free to PM me with your website, as I'd really love to see your work.  Always great to see other peoples work, and I'm sure you could teach me a thing or two.
100%.  I'm an architectural photographer, so I'm often on job sites or sitting in the woods in a puddle of water (or worse) to get a strong exterior image, yet I have to be able to interact with homeowners (of multi-million dollar homes) and builders/architects/art directors/editors/etc.  That's why I love my White's and Nick's so much.  I also spend a lot of time outdoors (camping, hiking, adventuring, exploring), so my White's and Nick's really hold up well to my...
To be honest, I'm not 100% sure.  I ordered the boot from Vermilyea Pelle before Nick's even announced/named the "Robert," so I just don't know.  It's on the HNW last and has a lowered heel, and for some reason that means Nick's uses a lot less height in their arch-ease than they do on their other boots (I don't find that to be the case as much on the semi-dress last), so that's a tiny bit disappointing...but there's certainly still some support there.  Aside from that, my...
My Bounty Hunters are 9" tall with hooks and eyes, and they are every bit as quick to get on--if not quicker--as my 6" Nick's that are eyes the whole way up.  I really enjoy the heigh, both for aesthetics and for ankle support (aside from working in them, I also do a lot of hiking in mine, and they've saved my ankles many, many times thanks to their stout construction and height).  Just about every boot that I buy is now 8" or taller nowadays, as I've come to really prefer...
Crema is no longer.  Was bought by Ancora, and (imho) isn't nearly as good, but that could all be in my head. Benkay is really darn average sushi, and in a town with so many great options, it strikes me as a shame to go there.  If you want cheap and surprisingly fresh sushi, go to King of the Roll (zero ambience, but cheap/fresh).  If you want to go all out, go to Miyake (the full restaurant, not Pai Men...the noodle bar).  Yosaku is also really good.  All 3 are walkable,...
Thank you so much!  Those are *beautiful*.  I think you may have just helped make up my mind for my next (and supposedly final...for a while) pair. Are these straight out of camera, or were there any instagram/vsco/etc filters applied? Seriously, thanks again.
Nah, I'm not talking about taste...I'm saying that I've seen some really bad offenders for the block heels (shelf waaay too large, angled out to one side, etc), and mine have been trimmed appropriately/proportionally and have been shaped correctly without any directionality.  I think that there may be one of a couple workers who deals with shaping/shaving/trimming the edges who just hates block heels and therefore doesn't pay as much attention to them as the other workers...
FWIW, both of my block heels looked great without Baker's having to touch them.