or Connect

Posts by cathpah

Yeah, the british tan was my other top option...and while I love the color, I'm just not sure they're different enough (now) to justify another pair.  I wish they were a touch lighter, or wish that White's was still offering the tan french calf (although it's apparently pretty darn thin, and even though I want my boots to look nice, I'm pretty damn hard on them).   This should give me a pretty good range of browns from my (rather light) natural CXL Indys (commando sole),...
The first pair of White's I saw in-person were done in Brown Dress, and I loved how dark the brown was (almost black)...and that leather has been calling my name ever since.  After realizing that White's doesn't have a lighter leather that's calling my name right now, I just pulled the trigger on a pair of 9" BHs in Brown Dress (my 3rd pair of White's/Bounty Hunters).  I've sold most of my non-White's and non-Nick's boots, and am slowly replacing those with White's and...
My favorite rawhide laces out there are sold by White's and Nick's (same laces, I believe).  Fantastically strong and great contrast. 
Luckily a hardware swap should be pretty darn quick.  Hope it's not too long!
Except you're the only one who seems to be unilaterally disliked.  Prior to you, this was a very congenial community of people who would happily exchange info and opinions without constant mention of the same dumb products or a constant tone of unwarranted cockiness.  The only helpful post I've ever seen you make was about leather thickness, and that was both a long time ago, and 1 of 230 posts that you've made.  When you're at less than 0.5% helpful, that doesn't bode...
Sorry...yes, I should've said "block" heel. To me, the lowered block feels normal.  I have taller heeled boots (logger boots, steel toed, etc), but they just never feel natural to me.   I find the standard block heel on White's to look a bit too big (look at the Snake Oil Provisions collab boot to see what I mean), and seems to really throw off the balance.  It's just huge. The lowered block heel is still a tad taller than a RW Beckman...actually, let me just take a photo...
I'd be slow to go with the lowered cuban heel.  The general consensus on here is that the cuban heel should be left at it's stock height (for both aesthetic and functional reasons), and that the lowered cuban is less than ideal.  I've lowered all of my standard heels and will continue to do so, but I don't think I would lower a cuban heel.
Scam.  Don't buy.
Isn't it amazing he feels the need to mention that?  I've talked to White's and Baker's many times...yet I don't feel the need to mention a phone call to try (and fail) to make myself sound important.  Napoleon complex in full effect, me thinks.
They're 9" BH in smooth distressed.  Lined (was not by intent...but I don't really mind it), antique hooks and eyes with a set of eyes at the top, single celastic, plain toe, close trim, Vibram 430, natural edge, block heel lowered 1/4", cut top, pull loop. Here's an album I posted a while back with more photos.  If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.  These are likely my favorite boots, although they've developed a squeak at the back of the heel on the...