or Connect

Posts by cathpah

For versatility, nothing beats a medium duffle.  Pack it to the brim and put it in checked baggage.  Pack it partially full and carry it on.  Travel somewhere cool and pack it half-full when you leave and fill it with stuff from your travels and use up that extra room.  No external pockets or anything to get filled with dirt when camping.  Simple, straightforward, timeless, and classic.   I have a medium travel bag which I really enjoy, but I grab one of my duffles (1...
While on the subject of Dress Brown White's, here's my pair after a good deal of wear.  These have been to Europe and just got back from Mardi Gras, and I am seriously loving the lighter brown coming through with wear.   Also, the folds/rolls on these is almost shell-esque, aside from the creasing in the valleys.  A truly cool leather, imho.    
I wish I had more of a buffer zone.  It's dangerous to live this close to my favorite store in New England (sorry Boston).
Officially excited.  I'll be stopping in tomorrow.
Good catch.  Here is the link, in case anyone is interested.
Couldn't agree more.  I own 3 pairs of White's, and none of them have been too hard of a break-in.  The toughest part of any of the pairs was forming the heel cup on my first pair in Distressed Smooth, and no amount of water/alcohol could change that. No need to risk hurting the leather.  Wear them...they'll break in with time.
Interesting.  While I only Obenauf a couple pairs of my boots (the ones that see the hardest wear/tear/weather/wetness), I tend to Obenauf all of my laces.  I feel like it helps keep them a bit moist to reduce the chances of snapping as well as giving them a bit of tackiness that helps them stay tied all day.  
It's done in the tannery by Horween (or whatever tannery is making it), and it occurs during the tanning and finishing processes.  It's different than just applying wax or dubbin to a roughout leather.  It's apparently quite similar to how CXL is made...but that's about all they'll tell us, as they have to protect industry secrets. Here's a blog post by Horween about the leather.
My Vermilyea Pelle x Nick's Boots in waxed flesh (CXL) arrived yesterday, and they are flippin' amazing. I'm in love. Full details: waxed Flesh CXL 8" height cut top antique hooks and eyes HNW last (similar to Robert last but a bit less arch support...yet it's still very much there, just not as much as my White's BHs) cap toe (perfect proportions, if I do say so myself. I love White's but their cap toes vary way too much for me to risk it on a $400+...
Somebody should really buy this jacket.  I own it in the other colorway, and it has immediately become my favorite piece of outerwear (and I have a lot of outerwear).