or Connect

Posts by cathpah

Interesting, and I appreciate you chiming in.  These are definitely valid concerns, especially with arch length, as that is most certainly a "thing."  So much so, that it could make White's or Nick's an impossibility. Who did you deal with?  I've had nothing but great interactions with Kyle at Baker's.
That would likely be their Leather Lotion, but I also like Lexol conditioner.
Exactly what I have on the way.  I'm excited to see how they turn out. I ended up selling almost all of my other boots once I discovered White's.  There's really just no going back for me once I felt that fit and arch support, as well as the build quality.
What are you waiting on?  I got my tracking info on Friday, and I'm looking forward to getting yet another pair of Bounty Hunters...this time in distressed roughout.  Just like the other 3 pairs that I own, they're 9" tall, with antique hooks and eyes, close trim w/ brown edges, lowered block heel, pull loop, and no logo, on a vibram 430 sole.  This pair, however, will be my first unlined pair, as I'm buying them for hiking in the summer months.
  Just for fun--and to make your choice a bit more difficult--I might recommend you think about Smooth Distressed, as well.  It's hearty and tough as can be (likely even tougher than Dress Brown, although both are damn tough), and it can look pretty similar to natural CXL, which you mentioned also being drawn to.  Depending on your needs, it could be the perfect in-between for you. Here's an album of mine in Smooth Distressed, ranging from new, to beat up after a really...
If you want to really adventure in them, the brown dress will be much tougher and heartier.  I own a pair of White's in #8CXL, and while it's definitely the thickest and most impressive CXL I've seen, the brown dress leather is just hard and tough as can be.  My Brown Dress BHs are likely now my favorite of my White's, and I've worn them all over the world on a whole lot of different adventures.  I can't recommend that leather enough (second place would be Smooth Distressed).
Here you go. There are a few things that this leaves out (standard vs close edge trim, heel type/height, pull loop, whether you want a logo, etc), but it's a good starting point.
If memory serves me right, Baker's is actually a bit cheaper than White's for a build like this, so you might as well order through them.  This way you're dealing with a company that specializes in customer service as well as still supporting White's...all while saving some money.  It was someone from White's who actually mentioned that certain builds are cheaper through Baker's than they are through White's to me.
Care to elaborate?  I'm intrigued as to why.  I've always had great experiences with them, but that certainly doesn't mean others are in the same boat.
Aside from height, there's also an extra piece of leather on the backstay (similar to a toecap, but on the rear) for added wear protection over time.