or Connect

Posts by cathpah

Ahoy gents...I've missed you fine folks.  Apparently I got erroneously banned for some weird IP reason (surprised the heck outta me as I was lost in the woods for a week and completely off the grid), but all that has been worked out and things are back to normal.   I believe I've asked this before, but have yet to receive a reply (or at least one that I can remember)...can anyone tell me what tannery produces the Distressed Smooth?  It continues to be my favorite...
These are downright beautiful, BUT, from what I've seen, water buffalo creases pretty heavily.  For that reason, I'm not generally a fan of that leather.  These in horsehide would be amazing, though.
The heel shelf issue is one purely related to how much they sanded them down.  I'm not making any excuses for that, but it's purely cosmetic and easily remedied.  If you order through Baker's, ask Kyle to do a once-over on them, and you'll be good to go. Moreover, quality is determined by a lot of factors, the width of the heel shelf being pretty darn low on that list.  Build quality includes stitching, construction type, leather quality, clicking/selecting of the leather,...
Yep...that just what us gangsters call it on the s-s-s-s-streets! I speak jive.
Completely agreed on having less than great luck with trying to buff/brush scratches out of CXL.  A little bit of nose grease often does the trick for a while, but I think one has to embrace the scratches and gouges when going with CXL.  While I certainly think a leather like Distressed Smooth is much more up to the task of being a "true workboot," I'll be wearing my #8 CXL BHs quite hard, and have no concerns about the scratches that they'll accrue.  Given CXL seems like...
I really hope it doesn't go that way.  I wonder how long the CEO was at E.B., as it's been a *long* time since that company turned to shit.
Waiting for stormcloud photos to start rolling in at any minute...
For anyone new to ordering White's or Nick's, I put together a bit of a guide over on /r/goodyearwelt. It's a work in progress and I'm sure I made a lot of mistakes (feel free to point those out), but hopefully it'll be helpful to some of you. Link
For anyone new to ordering White's, I put together a bit of a guide over on /r/goodyearwelt. It's a work in progress and I'm sure I made a lot of mistakes (feel free to point those out), but hopefully it'll be helpful to some of you. Link
I'd go lined.  My White's Bounty Hunters in #8 CXL (pictured above) are lined CXL, and they'll break in very nicely.  I see no reason to not get them lined, unless you live in a really hot climate...and even then, I don't think the lining makes a whole lot of difference as far as heat goes.