or Connect

Posts by cathpah

$3.25, actually. I also highly recommend the rawhide laces from this ebay seller.
If the first pair fit, why would you be re-sized?  If it ain't broke... Sizing can really depend on the time of day (feet are more swollen/large later in the day), socks that you were wearing, and other factors...and it's also a pretty subjective thing based on personal preference.  Beyond that, the first pair that you bought that lacks the steel toe may have stretched a bit with wear, but the steel toe makes that impossible.   I'm not saying it couldn't have been an error...
If anyone is looking for a brown wool Bedford from this season in a size Large, let me know.  Worn twice and looks brand new...still have the tags.
Still pretty darn elegant.  Good call.
Very true, however it should be noted that another reason it looks so elegant is that it has an uninterrupted leather heel stack, unlike what you get if your boots have a Vibram 430, 700, or other full-length soles.
Wow.  Just wow.  These are *perfect*. I may ask for this on my new pair of BHs in Brown Dress.  Will use exact photos when I ask for them.  Thanks, DaizawaGuy!
That's exactly what Kyle at Baker's said he could make happen! See post #5340.
Ha!  Too true.
Agreed 100%.  It looks a bit too long and to narrow for my tastes, and while I don't generally find a cuban heel to actually be feminine looking (although I do like to pretend that I do when joking with @revrend), I find that one to actually look pretty feminine to me.  The cuban heel needs more of a base to look right, imho.
That's a very interesting observation, and you explained it perfectly.  I wonder if Baker's and White's could communicate this to basically have it done with an unshaped cuban heel (i.e. that starts further towards the front than the block heel) and then have Baker's sand it down.  In truth, I wonder if White's could just do a less tapered cuban heel themselves.