or Connect

Posts by cathpah

I'd go lined.  My White's Bounty Hunters in #8 CXL (pictured above) are lined CXL, and they'll break in very nicely.  I see no reason to not get them lined, unless you live in a really hot climate...and even then, I don't think the lining makes a whole lot of difference as far as heat goes.
Unfortunately, I just don't know.  Mine were built on the HNW last, but that's about all I know.
Those damn guys on /r/goodyearwelt aren't any better. Time to cancel the internet.
Does anyone have any good images of Nick's cap toes?  I love a good cap toe, but White's' cap toes so often looked "off" in one way or another, so I was hesitant to order one through them.  I'd love to see how Nick's does theirs.
Better photos with 2 pairs of White's Bounty Hunters as reference.    
I know I posted this in the White's thread (which I'm sure most of you already read), but I figured I'd also post this album here, as there are some comparison photos at the end that show a new pair of White's BHs, an older pair with a good deal of wear, and a pair of Nick's.     9" White's Bounty Hunters in #8 CXL   My Dayton's should be here in the next couple weeks, so we'll start to round out the PacNW collection.  Thinking of pulling the trigger on another pair of...
Nope...those are single celastic as well, so I guess they've just flattened a bit with wear and abuse.
As promised, here's a full album of my new White's 9" BHs in #8 CXL.   link
I like the contrast that the leather laces provide.
That photo hurts my soul.