or Connect

Posts by staxringold

I have a Signature Platinum suit from a user here, supposedly made in same factory as low-end Zegna.
17158.7 + 3.1 = 17161.8
Anywhoo, as an aside, I think country of origin generally matters because of (generally correct) assumptions which we make. Even if it's Asian people making the garments in Italy, not sure why that matters. The point isn't the race of the tailor, it's that labor is generally more expensive in first world nations so (as a general matter) companies aren't going to take on that additional cost unless they get something for it. For a few companies, the "Made in...
Broke down and bought some Allen Edmonds Park Avenues. More than I meant to spend, but hey.
17131 + 3.1 = 17,134.1
That would be my guess, but just figured I'd check as they are ultimately a Made in England shoe.
Would Made in England Peal & Co's list the US or UK size? See, e.g. http://www.ebay.com/itm/151234920645?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 ? I'm strongly considering buying these (my current plain black dress shoes, thrifted Barrie Ltd's, are falling apart. They did a nice job for 9 months for $6 though ), but I want to be sure. The shoe says 13 inside (the seller also has it listed as 13 US but that's just him saying). I asked him for a heel-to-toe...
Heh, that's my size, but I've stocked up on TM Lewin on their past couple 5/150 sales.
17113.8 + 3 = 17116.8
Pop pop on the Billy Reid, and oddly enough it fits me. Weird cuz Large almost never works for me (I really need XL). The collar would be just too tight, but as a casual shirt with one undone? Fits like a glove. The BB replaces an old no-name with a similar pattern/palette I'd had kicking around. I'm a sucker for the funkier stripe patterns (hence the PRL), and a no-name knit.