or Connect

Posts by PattyPoo

Bad lighting, I know, but I'm thinking of this combo for a summer wedding this weekend.  The suit is light brown almost khaki and the shirt is light blue.  It's a dark brown cashmere knit tie.  Would finish it off with light brown oxfords and a white PS.   It's a more casual wedding I'm guessing as the groom said "just where a shirt, maybe a tie" but I want to look good.   Thoughts on the combo?
Appreciated. These shoes were the first "nice" pair of shoes I invested in. I was determined to get non square toes because of this forum, yet still found a way to fail. Getting convinced by SA's is something I've been bad at in the past but am getting much better at it. Ah well, I shall invest in a nice brown pair with a more rounded toe, as I have a black pair that fits the bill.   I'm going to have to take a look at the rest of my jackets to make sure they're not too...
Thanks for the critique.  So a solid grey pant would have been the better route to go? I've always wondered what is ideal for length of a jacket as well, any tips? And would a similar color for the shoe work in a wing tip with a more rounded toe?
Second foray into WAYWRN for this young padawan, likely more nervous than my first.  Look inspired by going through pages and pages of this thread trying to get a good grasp on blue blazer with grey pants.  To avoid it being boring I went with a nice pink shirt and a tie that I thought did the trick.  Would love a few good honest critiques.         Jacket - Canali Shirt - Hugo Boss Trousers- Brooks Brothers Shoes - Ferragamo Tie and socks - I...
Quick question gents...I have an athletic build and fit a 44R usually off the rack with a waist of 36.  Where I run into problems is the sleeves of suit jackets in that they bunch in the arms.  My upper arms are fairly developed and I'm not sure what the best solution is to this other than staying away from certain makes and styles.  Problem is, a trim suit suits me very nicely.  Can a tailor do anything about this? Or do I just have to choose carefully?
A little nervous about this, but it's my first entry into WAYWRN.  This was Friday after an evening event...yes...taken in a bar bathroom.         Fairly simple but I'm a noob so simple is the best way to go.  To get to Jedi Master, you have to start slow. Suit: RLBL Tie: Kilgour PS: Dion Shirt: Hugo Boss
Being Canadian myself, a few recommendations:   1) As previously mentioned, Samuelsohn made to measure is probably the very best bet.  I'd wait until Harry Rosen has an event and you can get 10% off the regular MTM price.  I am positive, as I am about to do it myself, that you can get a solid navy in an 'A' fabric for around $1100.   2) If you're going to go off the rack, I'd stay away from Boss, especially on a staple suit.  Being sucked in by the marketing of...
I see this got bumped so I'll add a response...just brought a brand new RLBL suit into Henry's and he knocked it out of the park.  He took in the waist, shortened up the sleeves, and did an amazing job tapering the pants.   What I really appreciated was how he looked at the fabric and checked to see if the patterns matched on the seams...because it all matched up, he assured that he would keep it as such.  This set me totally at ease, the man knows what he is doing...
Hello gents.  Below is a suit I just purchased off the B&S section of this forum.  It's my first purchase online and the first using self measurement and I think I did a pretty decent job.   The suit is a RLBL in the Anthony cut...I'm just showing off the jacket.  I'm wondering if, other than the sleeves, it looks like it needs any alterations?  It looks like it's almost a perfect fit other than shortening up the sleeves slightly on either side to show a litlte...
Thank you gents. This is actually my first purchase on the B&S and this will be my first fully canvassed suit.  Very exciting for a young-ish guy who has made some rather, um, ill informed suit decisions in the past 18 months.   I'm going to re-measure the original jacket and measure a few more, because I'm wondering if my numbers are off.  The seller made a good point...it's not overly common to hear a 44R jacket at 19 inches.  So, I'm wondering if my measurements...