or Connect

Posts by ZenSilk

Lightly Worn Rogue Territory Dark SK tag size 27.   True waist size is 31.75".    Honeycomb and Whiskers started, minimal to no fading all around.      Grailed Listing: http://www.grailed.com/listings/23744-rogue-territory-dark-sk
Right on!    Also, I forgot to mention the Uniqlo Supimo Cotton tees. They are fantastically soft, but I have not washed them yet. I have black and white. On sale they are under $9. Fit and feel is outstanding. 
I have bought and worn a handful of white tees.   American Apparel 100% cotton are great until you wash them; then they pill up and the stitching in the sleeves frills a bit. However, the frills have not gotten worse for about a year now. I have owned the shirt for 2 years, and it's still completely wearable. I would only purchase it at a discount. They do not shrink IME.   Alternative Apparel shirts are better. They will shrink more in a machine wash on cold than...
Hey everyone. Pic DUMP for y'all. These are @ 3 months, and I will admit I have been babying them. There is a small scuff on the inside left toe that is visible, this is from a branch. I use these boots for yardwork and also for play, and I do wear them to my place of employment occasionally.    I very lightly condition these based on how much shit they've been put through. I use coconut oil. I wipe them with a damp cloth and brush them as often as I can, which ends up...
I guess I mean light conditioning? Not any LP, boot oil, or anything of the sort. This is brushing, very small amounts of AE condition/cleaner, a wipe off and a buff. 5 minutes of my time. Nothing in regards to replenishing oils or the sort. So I suppose I mean cleaning? Dirt, wet grass + water caking on your boots comes off with water and a rag. The extra couple of minutes with a quick rub down of an extremely light oil coating does wonders.   IME and YMMV, of course.
Hey everyone,    I just wanted to drop by to say that I am extremely pleasantly surprised by the quality of the "Mexcel" leather that Nick's uses for the boots I have. I have owned four pairs of Chromexcel shoes and boots as well as belts and bracelets and a wallet. The "Mexcel" has been standing up to everyday use just fantastically. I have been using these boots for everything from yardwork to replacing sprinkler heads, and they have seen quite a but of toe bending,...
I did see those, I had a peek at all of them. The leather on those Merriman Tan was my least favorite. It felt almost plasticky. That is not to speak of the actual leather quality, however. The Norman and William were my favorite, they just look amazing. They are very tall on the ankle though, just not my thing.  The leather on the Jasper is probably the most interesting, the bull hide is so extremely thick and stiff. It's a very odd color, like grey but more like dull...
I do like the Mexcel better than the chromexcel on my other footwear. I love the feel of the leather after some wear, and I really like how it doesn't take on scratches and such so obviously. 
I have not handled the Nicks's welted unfortunately. I also don't have a pair of White's or something similar to compare. All I have to compare to would be Redwing, 1k's and OSB. The boots are seriously more hearty than all three of those could ever dream to be.  The Mexcel is a bit odd new. It doesn't feel like Chromexcel does in the beginning. I would say Mexcel has more of a shine to it, almost too shiny out of the box. It doesn't have the waxyness. After it's broken...
It is Contender from the looks, double stitching on the Vamp and stitching through the insole. I'll have some tomorrow! I can snap some right before sunset hopefully.