or Connect

Posts by chuckb

This is really nice - I've been thinking of having something very similar made, and it's good to see they did such a nice job. If you don't mind me asking, how much did this set you back?
 This is all I've got right now - but overall I think they did a nice job with the buttonholes.
 Here are a few shots of the jacket itself - I won't have more shots of me wearing the jacket until we get our pictures back from the photographer. [[SPOILER]]
^ Thanks! The pants were my fourth pair from luxire, so they were an iterative process. For the vest I sent in the requested measurements, and it turned out pretty well. For the jacket I sent in one that fit me pretty well, with some requested changes. I found out the hard way after my first jacket from luxire that one oughtn't make changes to complicated things like the neck and balance - it's just too hard to get right from across the world. So I took a jacket that fit...
Here's a quick picture of the suit luxire made for my wedding last week. Suit and shirt are from luxire - suit fabric is Dugdale new fine worsted.
Here's a picture from my wedding last week:   Note that I had on black shoes and no hat for the ceremony, but decided panama and spectators were appropriate for drinks on the lawn afterwards.
I have a sportcoat that luxire made for me based on a jacket I sent in, and I'm happy with it. And actually, the blue dugdale jacket and vest luxire posted above are mine, and I should be receiving them shortly (along with the pants to go with them). The issues I have with my first jacket are basically entirely my fault - I asked them to lower the collar, which was a mistake, given that it's impossible to know how much to do that without fitting in person. Fortunately, my...
 I have a cheap panama from Panama Bob's ebay site, and I quite like it. I don't wear it enough to justify a more expensive one, and I've heard that the cheaper ones are more breathable anyways.
@luxire, what would be my best bet for sending cloth to you to be made into shirts? Can it be sent to the NJ office, or should it go directly to India? Did the cheaper option you mentioned back in March (quoted above) ever get sorted out?