or Connect

Posts by chuckb

^ Hmm.. When I asked rancourt about getting my pinch pennies (with camp sole) resoled with a reltex sole, they told me they couldn't do it, because of the stitch holes it would expose. Curious.
Does anyone know if Rancourt will resole a shoe with camp soles with something like a reltex sole that requires a midsole? I emailed rancourt to ask, but never got a response.
I have a pair of camp mocs in the light brown buckaroo, and while they did stretch, it wasn't as much as my pair of cxl loafers. The buckaroo pair started out very very tight (almost painfully so) but stretched out enough to be just right with thin socks. The cxl pair started out the same, but is now best with thicker socks.
I neglected to post this photo I took this summer - Rancourts in their natural habitat (the coast of Maine).
This is really nice - I've been thinking of having something very similar made, and it's good to see they did such a nice job. If you don't mind me asking, how much did this set you back?
 This is all I've got right now - but overall I think they did a nice job with the buttonholes.
 Here are a few shots of the jacket itself - I won't have more shots of me wearing the jacket until we get our pictures back from the photographer. [[SPOILER]]
^ Thanks! The pants were my fourth pair from luxire, so they were an iterative process. For the vest I sent in the requested measurements, and it turned out pretty well. For the jacket I sent in one that fit me pretty well, with some requested changes. I found out the hard way after my first jacket from luxire that one oughtn't make changes to complicated things like the neck and balance - it's just too hard to get right from across the world. So I took a jacket that fit...
Here's a quick picture of the suit luxire made for my wedding last week. Suit and shirt are from luxire - suit fabric is Dugdale new fine worsted.
Here's a picture from my wedding last week:   Note that I had on black shoes and no hat for the ceremony, but decided panama and spectators were appropriate for drinks on the lawn afterwards.