or Connect

Posts by chuckb

I'd think that unfused and unlined may be too floppy for madras, especially in a non button down collar. I feel like I'd go for a light unfused interlining.
Luxire,When might the cheaper / free option for sending things to you become available? For instance if I'm planning on sending a sportcoat in to you to serve as the template for a jacket should I wait for a week or two, or would it be much longer than that?
They charge when they start work, and then you get a notification once it ships. That's been my experience on my orders at any rate. It seems to be around a week from starting work to getting the shipment notification generally.
Yeah, that's the other change I'm going to make on the next one. I've lost a bunch of weight recently, so I could take it in by a couple inches with no trouble. I decided not to have that altered on this so I can easily wear a thick sweater underneath.
I thought I would share a quick pic of my Luxire cord jacket. The sleeve pitch is off which causes some wrinkling at the top of the sleeves and the collar isn't as tight as it could be, but I'm happy overall (and those issues should be fixed on my next order). Shirt and trousers are also Luxire.
What about the Kent Wang stud set? It looks like it comes with four, double sided with onyx on one side and mop on the other. They've also got lots of cufflink options.
You might also consider the white royal oxford - it's fine enough that it isn't too casual, and it is pretty nice. I also have the white twill, and it's ok, though fairly thick and seems to wear fairly warm (it's also slightly itchy). It does seem to resist wrinkles pretty well though.
Luxire told me 3-4 meters for 44" cloth depending on whether the fabric was plain or plaid, though that will maybe vary a little bit depending on whether you're a bigger or smaller person (I'm a bigger person, fwiw). 
It was discussed in the Unfunded Liabilities thread a little while ago - basically, pm sf member dieworkwear by next week with the item numbers and yardage you want out of these fabrics. I believe anything with an item code that starts with RC is available. Also note that at least some of them are 44" wide.@luxire it would be great if you all could offer these sorts of decent madras fabrics yourself - Madras (Chennai) is not all that far from Bangalore if I'm not mistaken .
My main summer project is ordering some madras cloth (sf member dieworkwear is organizing an order) and then having luxire make up the shirts. I'm thinking of having at least one made into a popover. Burghler, how were you planning on changing the sizing for a popover? A little more room through the waist, perhaps? I'm also going to be putting in an order for a suit with luxire to wear at my wedding in August