or Connect

Posts by Jack Hazer

@ Everyone,   At some point in time every boot owner will have to clean their boots. I try to wait as long as possible to clean mine with an actual leather cleaner, in part because I have had VERY bad luck with numerous cleaning products (including Lexol Leather Cleaner). On my most precious pairs I refuse to use such products, and use conditioning/cleaning products like Bick 4 Conditioner. With that said, what products does everyone use AND how do they apply it?...
Kyle normally responds to order inquiries; email to:orders@bakershoe.com
Okal, The horsehide has truly surpassed my expectations. I tend to be extremely hard on boots, often completely wearing them out within six months. My horsehides have been completely soaked for hours on end, covered in mud, and really roughed up. In fact, after being completely saturated repeatedly, they don't even have water stains. All this and no permanent damage what so ever. If you keep them moisturized with a quality conditioner, they'll respond beautifully. With...
In terms of durability, (i.e. scuff and scratch resistance) it is important to look at the relative density/thickness vs pores in a given area of hide. Many people say that elephant would be the most "durable" hide; however, this is contingent solely upon thickness. While elephant hide may be thicker, its abrasion resistance is obviously a result of the aforementioned detail. With every type of hide on an even "thickness" keel, kangaroo and horsehide have to be at the very...
All my White's SDs have leather soles, but I will resole a pair soon with the commando mini lug half sole for versatility reasons (wet hiking conditions/gravel).
CXL is often susceptible to thick creases, don't sweat it man, it an attribute of character... Cherish it!
Go for the double leather sole, but if ya hate the idea of an all leather sole, the mini lug commando is sweet.
Ok so, cuban vs block... My oh my are there a lot of debates about this topic on this thread. In my most humble opinion they both have their place and should be appreciated equally. I spent the first 27 year of my life living I'm Texas and living in cowboy boots. I have literally worn nearly every type of hide I have read about in this entire forum, in one form or another. Most of the cowboy boots I have owned were equipped with that is called HERE as a cuban heel. Some I...
@ okal, mine are standard SD last. My second pair are close trim with no cap toe because I want the variety and I also like the look. They each serve their purpose. The double stitched standard trim can be a bit cumbersome, but have that authentic work boot appeal. The second pair is designed to be more sleek and more appropriate look for dressier occasions. To answer your initial question... Yes I am in the process of compiling a more comprehensive picture profile of the...
@ tavoz, these are the lowered block heel. On other configurations I think the regular block heel looks a bit funny/chunky. I felt that by lowering it and adding the double leather sole, it would even out the overall look. I actually have another pair on the way, same configuration but with no cap toe and close trim.