or Connect

Posts by DoubleDown

Originally posted in MC; was recc'd to post here instead.   Wanted to put together a look that can be worn in the evenings to cocktail lounges, hotel bars, rooftop spots, etc.  Was hoping to play off texture contrasts.   If it matters: I'm 6’ 175lb, tan skin tone, black near-shoulder-length wavy hair. My build is not really stocky; nor am I super tall & waif-like.     Sports Coat -Going Bespoke vs MTM. -Style: Upscale sport coat with some evening-wear...
Appreciate the fdbk. Did not come from an Engineering discipline.   Does the lack of comments suggest the OP was TL;DR or perhaps that it belongs elsewhere (i.e. SW&D)? Maybe simply not interesting enough to drive discussion?   Sports Coat -Will be bespoke (or MTM, at the least). -Was aiming for upscale sport coat style with some evening-wear smoking/dinner jacket elements thrown in just for fun. -Peaked Lapels vs Shawl Collar? (assuming soft...
This post is about putting together a specific look to be worn exclusively for after hours festivities.  The ensemble will mainly be put into play while imbibing spirits at downtown cocktail lounges, cavorting around rooftop/hotel bars, and mingling with pretty little things into the twilight hours of the night.  Composing elements will include a Sport Coat, Jeans, Shirt, Pocket Square, & Boots.  Contrast in textures will be a key element.   [If relevant: FWIW, I am...