or Connect

Posts by RRLifer

Hey Gary,  i'm psyched to see you on here, though it's been a long time. I bought a CP Company leather jkt via eBay in size 52.  It's a short leather jkt with 4 patch pockets in dark brown. My problem is i can barely fit my arms in the sleeves as they're so narrow.  In addition i can hardly button the front as the chest barely reaches together. I'm really disappointed as i love the jacket.  Any recommendation for either selling it to a collector or consigning it? i...
Thanks for the great inside info!  i was able to score a couple fleece pieces i've been wanting for years but couldn't justify at full-price.
i've got a pair of low-straight's in black overdye and never smelled anything remotely sulpher-ish.  from website also.
Thanks for the advice!
Anyone taking advantage of the online RRL sale?  extra 40% off, seems like decent prices on great basics. anyone have thoughts about the sale and if it's much better than eBay or other sources?
the 14yrs i spent working at Louis formed much of my outlook on how to live a quality, authentic life, to appreciate the artisanal. Murray challenged us to push ourselves and clients ever to look-forward. Be brave enough to not follow but lead. He had the rare ability and foresight as a retailer to influence the designers and manufacturers that were trying to sell to him! Above all for me, i worked with a band of brothers, all with a passion for style, taste,...
Sad news from the Menswear world...on the passing of the iconic Murray Pearlstein.  Brought Luciano into the US, and many others too numerous to name. He and Luciano remained life-long friends.
i'm also in Mass....haven't found RRL anywhere.  The Closet on Newbury gets items in occassionally, but usually in size M. What other outlets have you had success at?
Sold unfortunately
I had the privilege of working for Murray at Louis during the hey-days 80' and 90's.  Not only was he the finest retailer in menswear, he was a real mensch. We had Luciano in our store many Saturday mornings for that season's collection kick-off.  Listening to Luciano tell his story is hearing a gentleman of ultimate quality, in clothing, style and life. 15yrs later, his clothing still hangs, timelessly in my closet.  I think some of the pieces are just starting...