or Connect

Posts by daxvex

Ah, yes the pocket makes sense.  It does seem minor in hindsight -- the tailor is pretty new and trying to build a reputation, and I am inexperienced so perhaps I let him set my expectations a bit too high.  I might just leave it but just to indulge my curiosity, to fix this should I press across the top of the dart?  Reading jefferyd's post on pressing, he seemed to indicate that pressing across the dart is a bad idea so I avoided that and just pressed on either side of...
Thanks for the response.  I'm not talking about the white horizontal line, that's actually part of the fabric and just fine.  I'm talking about the difference in the way the vertical dart ends and comes apart with some loose fabric in the first picture, but ends cleanly in the second one.  Maybe I'm being to detailed, but for a custom suit, I somehow expected more.
Hello all:   I just purchased a custom made suit and when the final product came, I noticed a slight difference between the way the darts on the front end.  On the left (first picture), the dart comes apart in a noticeable V, while the one on the right (2nd picture) finishes cleanly.  Something that is not apparent because the photos are taken head-on with flash is that the one of the left also puffs up ever so slightly because there is loose fabric around the top....
Hello all:   I just purchased a custom made suit and when the final product came, I noticed a slight difference between the way the darts on the front end.  On the left, the dart comes apart in a noticeable V, while the one on the right finishes cleanly.  Something that is not apparent because the photos are taken head-on with flash is that the one of the left also puffs up ever so slightly because there is loose fabric around the top.  I mentioned this to the tailor...