or Connect

Posts by pack66

I noticed the shirt/pants/buckle line myself. For what it's worth, it drives me crazy too....unfortunately a victim of time as it's Halloween and there are more important things to attend to other than posing for a camera. 
Dear Tailors,   I have a quick fit request on my first (well, second since it's a re-make) MTM shirt.  I requested a re-make because the sleeves were obviously too long.  When I went to my tailor for measurements for my suit, I brought the suit and he recommended taking 2" off the sleeves. When I received my re-make, at first I thought the sleeves were way too short.  I've tried the shirt on two more times since then and now I'm not so sure.  I'm used to wearing OTR...
What's the opinion here on Faconnable and Breuer ties? Found these ties yesterday at a local place and I'm still relatively new to SF.          
  Sorry to hear for your loss.  I had to do the same thing a few years ago.  It wasn't easy and it still stings all these years later.  
In another thread, someone mentioned a Chinese holiday from 1 to 7 October.  I submitted my remake request and was told October 30th.  I'm not thrilled as I think it should take less than 30 days (I submitted 09/30/12) and a little more upset knowing that someone else has a quicker ship date than I.  Then again, I'm having the shirt/coat/pants all remade.  A fun and interesting experience, but I'm not sure I'd do it again.
Oh no, very much the right thread for me.  Definitely not allergic to thrift items.  I've become somewhat addicted to thrifting myself.  My finds haven't been noteworthy at all, but they have allowed me to build somewhat of a professional wardrobe on the cheap at a time when I needed it.  Before I read this thread and Styleforum in general...Jos A. Banks was what I was being pushed towards for new suits.  Since then I was able to pick up a Brooks Brothers Suit, relatively...
Am having problems finding a suitable set of cuff links in the DC/NoVA area.  Any suggestions on places to go? Apologies if this is the wrong thread for it.
The fabric seems fine to me...about what I expected.  I picked up the deal with the free shirt and tie.  Tie isn't anything to write home about...and the shirt material is really light (poplin probably)...but I think the suit material is fine.
Thanks for the comments.  It's in for a remake. I uploaded those pics when I requested the remake.  I didn't ask to loosen up the back, but I did ask about the rolls on the back.  Hopefully they'll catch that.  Overall, it's an ok suit.  Decent for the price, but I'm not sure I'd go through the hassle of buying another one.  Maybe my mind will change with the remake.  I'll post up when it comes back.
My first suit from them: