or Connect

Posts by Jake Volmer

I recently received a nice jacket by Vince, seen here.   The sleeves are long for me.  I know that the sleeves of a suit jacket should end right at about the wrist bone when the arms are relaxed by your side.   But what are the "rules" for a non-suit jacket in order for it look good?  I'd like to be able to wear it with or without long sleeve button-down shirts.  Or do most men use the wrist bone as a standard for all jackets?  Is the picture of the VInce model a good...
I'm really disappointed with your comment and thought people on SF were more polite than elsewhere.  You being condescending is just disappointing.  I'm fairly comfortable with the way I look and besides, if I was 15-20lbs heavier as someone like the user name "BigRob" would probably see as "normal,"  I don't think I could run a mile in under 5 minutes.  
Thanks very much for your input.  I've just about had it with all the numbers.  And the "Fit Guide" on the levis web page that I was directed to didn't have the same description as when I went into a Macy's store, so I guess this added to my confusion.    On the website, it says the 505s and 508s have the same rise but on a large poster in the store, the 505 was described as having a lower rise.  I guess because I work out, the 514s didn't seem overly baggy around...
Thanks very much for that link!  It's very helpful.  I've seen the term "carrot-fit" thrown around.  Is that how the 508 is described?  
Hello everyone,   I was hoping someone could help me find the similarities and differences between Levis 504, 505, 508 and 513 jeans?    I have looked over the internet extensively and with my original purpose just trying to find differences between 513, 514 and 505, I ran into the above problem. Now I'm tired of looking and hoping you wise sartorialists and consumers can help me!   I purchased some 513s over the weekend but after getting home, I'm a little...
Hello everyone,   I just put up these things on ebay:   NWT Hickey Worsted Wool (Loro Piana) Pin Stripe suit. Jacket Size: 36S Pant waist/inseam: 29/33 Retail: $1495.00 Auction: $699 If contacted through this forum, I will sell for $649 via Paypal (shipping included) http://www.ebay.com/itm/190817539331?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
I've done internet and SF searches but can't come up with anything.  Has anyone tried on or own any Wall + Water suits?  I found that they are made by Gilt Group.  Does anyone have an experiences with them?  They look nice.
Because of stature, both physically and monetarily, I've been typically trying on suits from the tailored-fit section of BR and Ludlow department of J.Crew.   With my very slim build (I need a 36S), both types of suits fit me perfectly, however I was hoping to get another suit that was more high end and canvassed.   I've read so many stories on SF as well as other men's forums where people just happen to "pick-up" a canvassed suit for much less at a discounted...
No dice.  I'm a size 36s with an athletic build.  My suits need to be slim-fitting, otherwise they look boxy.  My first suit I ever bought for a high school dance had me looking that way and I did not enjoy it.  I'm somewhat wiser now.   However, i still need help deciding if Black Fleece is a good option for me price wise or if I'm better off waiting.
So, some of the Black Fleece suits are on sale at 50% off.  I think the style is over priced at their normal price range.  The sale doesn't do to much for me as it is still quite expensive>  I have been looking for a reliable, long lasting navy suit that is good investment.  Is this Brooks Brothers Black Fleece one a reasonable investment at $900 or could I do better?  Could I find this suit at a better price or are my expectations too...