or Connect

Posts by themonster

Yeah, let's trust a retailer that said weatherproofed leather and waxed canvas having the same breatheability as GoreTex.  LOL. Sigh...
Crane, why don't you just make your affiliate thread and leave this thread to 1k discussions?   I just don't understand why you continue to argue with EVERYONE because you won't "bow down to anyone."   There is a difference from standing your own ground and spamming this thread with negativity.      
 Do the boots include creases and insults?   
Why don't yall just skip the bullshit and use Lexol for conditioning?   Reasons:   -  Thin consistency allows for quick and even application -  PH balance of 6.8-7.0 -  Does not contain any organic or silicon substances -  Cheap and available everywhere -  Patrickbooth approved
Nah, I don't mind it when it's in the negative temperature now.  Plus I don't mind the "Crane patina" when dirt sticks to it. 
I sno-seal'd my beater boots.  Terrible idea if you plan on really swampy feet in the summer. 
You are better off wearing real hiking boots, unless you want to scrape off layers of salt from your welt.  :)
Agreed.  CXL is already heavily packed with oil and grease.  Like human skins, you can only absorb so much more.  Why do you think Saphir make Renomat, a product that removes wax buildup?
From a preference standpoint, I really do not like how beeswax products react to Chromexcel finishes.  Usually it will collect a lot of dirt and turn it matte.   I would honestly worry about the leather soles if you plan on using them in bad weather.
Read thru the Alden thread and you will notice many QC issues there.  That shouldn't deter anyone from buying their shoes if the company is willing to satisfy the consumer.