or Connect

Posts by DixonJ

Just received my 2nd pair of Yuks (from Bodega.. fast shipping!) and I know it's been said before, but I gotta reiterate, these shoes are pretty mind blowing. I grabbed the mismatched suede chukkas earlier this year, and this new pair is the Maine Guide DB Chukka with olive and orange waxed cotton panels (which were a steal for $198/60% off. Bodega!). Build quality is over the top, puts the Red Wing Wabasha boot to shame.   I ordered a 9 (my Barrie last size) in both...
MAC should have one or the other or maybe both... haven't been in a couple weeks, so I can't say for sure. Bastille just got the camo wool Bedford.
The short answer is no.   While it's lightly water-resistant, leather is skin, and it's porous, and it will soak up oil/water/salt etc. All leather shoes, if worn in harsh winter environments, should be treated. Most folks on this forum use something like Obenhauf's Leather Preservative, which is a beeswax-based compound developed for backcountry firefighters. It works great (I used to live in Chicago, and treated my boots with it every winter). Some modern leather...
I seem to be a consistent 34 (or M, which is how some pants are tagged) across the board, the exception being the workaday cords, in which I'm a 36. And I'll back up JRyder in that things typically stretch out a bit (a least the cottons... have no experience with wool pants from EG).
^^ Inventory   http://stockroom.inventorymagazine.com/product/engineered-garments-by-golden-bear-br-hunter-varsity-jacket
I can now confirm Bloomingdale's (at least in SF) sale is on... Just picked up the Whipcord Cruiser fro $460+tax. Fit seems to be similar to last year's AW version.
  I didn't see any substantial "outerwear," but they had the herringbone dayton in a sort of off white/black shade. Looks nice... $225
  Good thing I had my sales guy stash my size in the back earlier this week!   The way I understand the sale that starts Thursday is: it's $25 off from $100-249, $50 off (or something) from $250-499, and $100 off everything over $500. The store in SF has a VERY limited stock of EG currently on the floor... I think the denim tab collar shirt is in there, plus a plaid shirt or two, but I didn't check if they were workshirts, 19thC button downs, Miners, or whatever.    Also...
MAC in SF put out some new stuff today, including the red/grey wool stripe pants to match the Baker Jacket, what I think was a black cotton whipcord Bedford or Andover, and these great wool jersey striped hoodies (picked one up... $276 before tax I think, runs a little slim so sized up to an XL).   They were also putting out a lot of great looking FWK stuff... wrap dress in charcoal wool suiting fabric, shawl robes in navy/white polka dot flannel, etc.   I also...