or Connect

Posts by DaveDr89

thanks ... right now w/ the discount the GF comes to $631 w/ shipping + taxes, a bit more than I want to spend still, although it looks nice. How does it compare to the entry level Zegna sport coat in terms of quality (which usually retails around 1600 but can sometimes be had on Ebay for less than 500), or the entry level Isaia?
I've been in the market for a blue blazer for a long time, holding out for a nice Zegna or perhaps an Isaia, but haven't come across a steep enough discount as I don't want to pay more than $500 ... perhaps I should just buy one of these BB blazers below? any experience from anyone w/ either the country club blazer or the classic navy blazer below? both are fully canvassed? Minimal shoulder padding? Maybe I'll get one of these as the beater jacket and still keep my...
Very nice. I have a couple of the English Woven dot ties and they are my favorites and always draw complements.
would be nice to have a large suprise factor, but I'll also gather some info over on her tastes and factor that in. No real clues at the moment as I've avoided the topic in the past LOL. The custom route seems appealing but I'd like to give it to her prior to Jan 1 so that doesn't seem doable.
So, from highest to lowest for apples to apples value, do we have: Tiffany's or other "high experience" locales Mall jewelers Custom places like Leon Mege or VanCraeynest (previous link) Online vendors ?? perhaps this isn't right question, as I assume the point is that the custom places can create quality that the mall jeweler cannot ...
... RE your suggesetion, if one breaks up a total of 5k as 2k for rock and 3k for handwrought ring, isn't one really shortchaning the rock?
just checked http://www.vancraeynest.com/index.html for them at least, you cannot supply the center stone, i.e., you have to buy it from them. they have som nice work on their web site though, will givem them a call
so how would this work in practice? - buy rock from online vendor - send rock to good custom jeweler - work w/ him on getting a handmade ring and custom setting? ??
... very interesting how multiple venders are advertising the same stone. seems like a clearing house sort of thing were deals would be harder to come by. I assume that with the online vendors there is little room for price negotiation due to things like this?
I just spent some time reading the info at http://www.pricescope.com.... they have price stats and cut quality search engines that are very useful. There is good info in tools such as the HCA (Holloway Cut Adviser) that help in the search. I'm still a little apprehensive about distant buying but then again the options are much greater ... I guess it's similar to buying a suit at a distance, i.e., if you really know your measurements there should be no problem, but then...