or Connect

Posts by DaveDr89

wouldn't want to commute more than 15-20 minutes. job is south of downtown, near intersection of I-35 and I-20.
thanks for the info. that sort of agrees with my initial impressions of what I've read so far. RE Dallas, I stayed there during the interview ands wasn't that impressed with the downtown area, so perhaps living further away isn't that big a deal, and I don't see myself as a happy camper driving too much for work, etc.
All, anyone here know much about Ft Worth, Texas? I have a job offer there and as part of the due diligence am going there next weekend to check out the real estate market firsthand, trying to assess what one can get in the 300-450k range. It seems like one option would be a nice downtown Ft Worth Condo/townhome, while another would be a nice house in the surrounding area (e.g., SW Arlington?), although I wouldn't want a commute more than 15-20 minutes so that narrows it...
Quote: Originally Posted by HRoi if you're too far from Detroit but close to Miami, the Miami Off 5th has the same stuff too. similar pricing. is that the one on Sunrise Blvd?
Thanks again to all for the advice. Had three interviews in all and ended up going with black shoes and tie #2 (wine color). Only mishap was that my first interview was at breakfast and after showering I realized that I hadn't packed my razor. Got one of those disposable razors from the hotel desk, and proceeded to do an awful shaving job with that which left several nicks. Fortunately they weren't that noticeable after waiting a bit. RE the dress of the...
David, thanks for the advice and of course the ties. For those of you that haven't check out Sam Hober ties I recommend them highly. RE statistics classes, yes, people usually struggle through them but often it's partially the instructor's fault since they often do not take the extra effort to make it interesting and connect it to to real world problems.
thanks for the advice. I wasn't thinking the pocket square could be a risk since it is a plain white square, but that is a good point that it should probably be lost to be safe. Looks like there is consensus on the black shoes. RE the tie, even though the maroon dotted tie is my favorite perhaps the first tie or the maroon grenadine are safer. I've actually never worn tie #1 (red w/ blue/white stripes) w/ my blue corneliani suit, usually wearing it w/ a charcoal...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Let me give you a statistic: you will be a billion times better dressed than your competitors. Are your interviewers prepared for that, especially the government employee? That's a rhetorical question. - B Yes, that's a good point as PhD statisticians are usually very poorly dressed, myself included pre-SF. My only concern is that I may be very well dressed by SF standards but the interviewer...
All, I have a couple of interviews next week, one with a pharma CRO and the other with the FDA. The same suit will have to be used for both since they will be during a conference on the same day, possibly to be followed up in the future with on-site interviews. I'm 42 and both jobs are Phd statistician jobs. Suit ideas: Blue 2B Corneliani MTM suit (single pleated plants) Blue Isaia 2B pencil stripe suit (flat front pants) Both fit great and are nice suits,...
a couple questions: - the color looks more on the greyish side, although I can clearly see that the buttons are brownish. to help me envision the color better, what color pants/shoes would this go with? - RE the tag, I didn't see either Milano or Roma listed. I have a 54R in the Roma fit, how does this compare? When I measure that jacket at the shoulders seam to seam it's 19". - how is it for summer wear? - can you post a pic of the entire front so I can get a better...