or Connect

Posts by DaveDr89

I think he was suggesting the tighter sleeves so that the length is mentained w/ arm movement. I plan to move the buttons on most of my RTW shirts, so I suppose tha perhaps on the watch side I should not move the buttons as much?
Just got Flusser's book Dressing the Man, and RE shirt cuff length it states that "If the hand can slide through the cuff opening w/o first unfastening it, the cuff's circumference is too large." Wouldn't this make it too tight for ones watch?
RE moving the buttons, note that there are fake button holes, so I assume that the buttons can't be moved?
I'm considering shortening the sleeves on the jacket below. If the last button is already 1 1/8" from the end, what is the max that one would shorten? Essentially, what is the minimal length that one should have from the last button to the end? http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ght=corneliani
does anyone have a copy in good condition that they want to sell? With shipping it's $36.96 on Amazon.
what have you found at Marshalls for $399?
RE the pants, note that in the sideview the pants are still above the heel, and I like the pants to be relatively close to th heel. If I do the alteration should I have the tailor angle it accordingly or is that asking for trouble? I was initiallly worried that they might be too short! perhaps it's the way I'm standing .... when the swelling in my foot is completely down I'll try it on w/ two shoes! BTW, got the C&J Belgraves from Plal to go w/ this suit.
... seems kind of short ... is there more?
All, How does this suit look? Regular price was $1295 and I got it at around $1000 w/ discount at Saks. I recently broke my foot hence the one shoe, hopefully this doesn't mess up what the fit should look like. 1) jacket sleeve length? Is it too long? I was thinking so but it seems to look okay in the pick. I realize that it's a matter of personal preference too but I like to show some shirt cuff. Some showing in pic but I pulled the shirt sleeve down a bit. ...
I tried on a Zegna blazer at the local Zegna store the other day ... it's a Milano cut, color is Navy Blue w/ muted houndstooth (sort of a bit of black textured pattern w/ the blue) ... the salesman said the fabric is sartorial .... I couldn't find the description of this fabric on the main Zegna web site (e.g., along w/ trofeo, etc) .... what do people think of this cut and fabric? if it means anything to you, the fabric # is 652025 and style # is 124220 ... and the...