or Connect

Posts by DaveDr89

what price range should I expect for a decent BB blue SB blazer? where did you get yours? I realize the quality won't be on a par w/ the Zegna that is $1695, but as I said I can live w/ that since I don't want to spend that on a blazer right now ...
.... didn't find anything I liked at YOOX ... although I'd like to wait to get something in the quality range of the Zegna at a better price, I really need something now so perhaps it's money well spent?
... didn't find anything at STP that looked good ... just called Neiman Marcus RE their sale, none of the Zegna blazers are sale items ... and the Zegna blue blazer in the roma cut is $1695 USD ... any ideas in the $1000-$1200 range? Or should I just wait on the Zegna, although it seems that it's find to find on sale?
I've decided that I'm in dire need of a quality blue blazer. Have read Flusser and some of the old threads, but am still a bit undecided on what direction to take. I'm looking for something that I can wear say 2 times a week to work, most likely w/ grey odd trousers, but also every now and then at night w/ say jeans. The Zegna blue blazers look very nice but at $1600+ I'm not sure if I should spend so much on something I'll wear quite often. In general, I'm thinking...
okay, thanks for all the comments!
thanks for the link go allbrands.com. I'll think I'll get the J-2000. It seems that there are a few options for the J-2000 ... anyone that have it have any particular recommandation on those configuarations at allbrands.com?
thanks. Do many people out there use steamers on their suits? Would the steam option on a high quality iron be advisable for a suit? My guess is no due to the potential for heaet application on the suit ....
I've heard that proper suit care involves brushing before/after use, using a steamer to remove wrinkles, minimizing dry cleaning, and storage in canvas. RE steaming, I was checking out the jiffy steamers (J-2000 = $189 @ jiffysteamer.com). If they are so good and fast at removing wrinkles, should they also be used on shirts instead of ironing? Is there a risk of them causing shrinkage? comments appreciated.
RE the length of the sleeve buttons from the end of the sleeve, if I recall correclty Flusser's Dressing the Man recommends this length to be LESS than 1 inch ... do most people here agree w/ that recommendation?
I'm thinking of getting some Sam Hober solid ties in line w/ the rec's on http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...be-part-1.html However, on the Sam Hober web site the pics aren't that great for some of the ties. I was thinking of starting out w/ some basic solids, e.g., navy, pacific blue, burgundy, black, silver or charcoal, etc. I have olive/tanned skin. Any rec's for specific ties from the web site that SFers have?