or Connect

Posts by DaveDr89

I would definitely recommend investing well on the shoes, as this is a way to improve any outfit ... and vice versa for poor shoes ...
for the first suit, I'm not a fan of slanted pockets ... perhaps it's the pic, but the lapel appears to be a bit on the narrow side, but of course that depends on what you like and your body type. The second suit looks a bit nicer. I know you said that you want to stay in the $500-$700 range, but you will probably experience a big difference in quality by going up to $1000. E.g., I have a Hugo Boss suit that I bought for around $500, and also a Corneliani suit that I...
... got back from the trip yesterday ... met both Ian at Shop the Fineest and Simom at Turnbull & Asser ... both very nice people! I recommend a visit to either establishment whenever one is in LA ...
is the garment district worth checking out?
okay thanks I'll check out Turnbull & Asser ... I've bought 3 pairs of C&J from plal.com and am looking to expand the collection in the near future, but it's sometimes hard to tell by looking at online pics so I'm eager top see the actual shoes in person ... how are the prices at Turnbull & Assers compared to plal.com?
cool, we're actually staying at the Huntley ... will check out the Penthouse ...
salsa? merengue? bachatta?
okay thanks, lots of good info. any suggestions for places w/ latin music? places that might have a jazz band?
any suggestions on must-see clothing establishment in LA? searched some old threads and saw one suggestion to make an appointment to see shopthefinest.com. I'm not really in the market for anything in particular as I've just spent too much money on recent additions, but if there is a good bargain you never know. What I'm in most need of is a blue blazer of high quality. on some other old threads I saw some references to stores that carried C&J shoes, so that might...
okay thanks ... we'll actually be staying in santa monica ... any suggestions for cool lounges in santa monica, e.g., on the promenade or further down on main street. are there any bars/lounges of note in Melrose nowadays? Hollywood? Westwood? For the three nights perpahs we'll hit a different area each night.