or Connect

Posts by DaveDr89

I have a tan suit as well ... it looks great w/ a nice light blue shirt and brown shoes ... having said that, I should have bought my charcaol before I bought the tan ...
hmm .... so you're saying the nicer fit of the Savile might be only due to the lack of the cap? The fit I have on my Belgraves at 10E is decent, but my Savile 9.5E fit is exretemly good ...
For those of you that have the Savile and the Audley (or Belgrave), do you notice a sizing difference? I.e., do you get a different size due to the strap? I bought the Belgrave in UK 10E and the Savile in UK 9.5E. The Belgrave fits good and the Savile fits great. Just wondering if I should go down to 9.5 if I buy the Audley.
... thanks for asking about those other books. I live in Miami so that's very relevant. I'll stick w/ the two you suggested and see how that goes .... BTW, how much of an improvement did it make for your GF.
cool, thanks for asking your GF on this one ... I'll check those out as well ...
thanks Francisco ... I'll check out those books!
... you make an interesting point JLibourel ... perhaps the women's books are all transitory ... at least trying to read the Fashion Spot has indicated that most of the followers are looking for things that are "hot" or in-style, and one finds little discussion of general principles that one finds here, e.g. the amount of shirt cuff to show in a suite, etc .... also, I've noticed that there are women out there that off "fashion consulting" services to other women, where...
... it's actually her idea ... she saw how much I picked up from SF and FLusser and was looking to see if there existed anything on that level for women ...
.... thanks for the replies. wow, it's quite amazing that there doesn't seem to be that many good resources out there. I've gone from somewhat ignorant with respect to men's clothing to somewhat knowledgeable in a relatively short time span, merely by reading Flusser and SF, and observing what I see on a day to day basis ... I've tried to do the same for women's clothes by looking at the Fashion Spot web site but haven't gotten very far ... perhaps I need to read it...
Does there exist the equivalent of a Flusser Dressing the Man targeted towards women? I've checked out some web sites including Fashion spot, but compared to SF they aren't much help , possibly reflecting the lack of organization (or thought) that some of their contributers bring to the topic ... I'm basically looking for some resources for the GF .... any help much appreciated ....