or Connect

Posts by jha9901

Madras takes me back to high school circa 1965 when all of a sudden the guys started dressing "collegiate"....seemed to happen over night.....real cultural paradigm shift at that time...the other guys were called "Nicky Newarks"  (we were from NJ).....we wore madras shirts (only the kind that bled)....levis; desert boots (suede chukkas)...of course penny loafers.........still love madras shirts; but they are hard to find.
Madras takes me back to high school circa 1965 when all of a sudden the guys started dressing "collegiate"....seemed to happen over night.....real cultural paradigm shift at that time...the other guys were called "Nicky Newarks"  (we were from NJ).....we wore madras shirts (only the kind that bled)....levis; desert boots (suede chukkas)...of course penny loafers.........still love madras shirts; but they are hard to find.
Try chestnut brown...looks great with dark gray suit.  Anybody can wear black....be different.
Black always works....My tailor recommends chestnut brown.....in re: to the suggestion shell cordovan...believe it or not.."shell cordovan" actually describes the leather.....not the color.....We are use to seeing it in burgundy..... I am wearing black "shell cordovan" tassel slip-ons from Alden....not cheap.....but boy do they last.......back to gray charcoal suit....I also wear brown suede Ferragamo loafers......