or Connect

Posts by dddrees

Very nice.Just interested how would you compare the two?
The more information the better and it sure helps to better understand what it might be like. Of course how a specific Last will fit will in the end come down to my foot.Thanks,Dan
Ok, this helps to further understand what your talking about. Thanks
I can understand one finding a Last narrower because it's extremely possible for the Last to be narrower at various points of the shoe. Of course some Lasting variances can occur from shoe to shoe as well. However for one to find it shorter than another seems strange. Unless this perception is somehow caused by the toe box being so narrow for their foot it causes them to believe the actual shoe is shorter.Based on the TG73 that I own I would have to imagine your...
Ok, then it should be included as I said but if JL all of the sudden starts making Cole Hahn level junk their ranking suffers until they wake up and start making 1st level shoes again, and then the reappear at number 1. No different than any other ranking used to evaluate actual performance.
The different shades are characteristic of most shades of Edward Green shoes I would imagine as most if not all finishing is done by hand. I imagine there mate some leathers were this may not be the case such as cordovan for one example.
Thanks
So would you say the 888 also compares real close in fit to the MH71 as well? Do you take the same size in both Lasts?
See now this is my hope. Everything I've read sounds like I made the right choice. As with all the other internet choices hoping to confirm later.These unfortunately are the anxious moments before actual confirmation takes place.
See I thought we might strictly be talking about substance type items like quality of materials, level of finishing, design, style, cost, and customer service.. I had no idea the length of service had anything to do with this discussion. However I see no problem including heritage in the discussion but I certainly see it being problematic if you want to include it ias some sort of value when ranking various shoemakers. Heritage is something worth noting but it doesn't...