or Connect

Posts by dddrees

Alden hand sewn shoes aren't cordovan, and they're not incredibly stylish, but they're very comfortable and they do go real well with jeans.
Pretty reasonable, not  bad actually. Asked above, but do you have an idea as to how long the turn around time is?
NIce shine. For me the two eyelets just don't look like they would be able to secure the shoe on my foot properly.
The Made in Italy in the description should tell you that the shoe isn't made by Edward Green. To my knowledge all Edward Green shoes are made in England.
X2 Nice color
The burgundy Inverness is probably one of the first EGs I first saw and wanted. So it's been on my list for awhile.
For two pairs you certainly can't go wrong with a pair of black and a pair of brown colored oxfords. In regards to brand a lot will depend on your budget and where your taste lies. Also from time to time you can up your game a bit by grabbing some better pairs on sale. For shoes close to AE price range I'd look at Carmina at Skoaktiebolaget as I certainly consider those a step above AE. If you hit sales at the right time Alfred Sargent from Pediwear are a great bargain....
I'm kind of iffy on the Shearling. It looks nice when new and everything, but the fact that it's only on the shaft and I don't get the impression it ages or wears well has me a bit hesitant.
If not this one I would go with something in a mink or close colored shaft. The bottom could be CC on the 64 Last, or DOAK and the 82 Last.  That or my Rosewood CC boot.  Or the Nevis.  Or the Almond or Edwardian boot.  Or LOL 
Check out this pair.