or Connect

Posts by dddrees

I think it's great they offer this as an alternative (Cordovan) but I don't see this being their greatest strength. For me their finished calf is just a much more appealing proposition.
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear enough. No they actually caught them. My main frustration besides taking so long that for awhile I had no idea what was going on and besides everybody else had received theirs already.
It is what it is but I think it's better that we talk about it than to just dismiss it. It's reality after all. But of all the time I spend looking at various brands some of which you mentioned I have yet to find anyone and I mean anyone who is perfect at it. The results I have gotten so far from Edward Green have been nothing but marvelous, but I would be blind if I didn't recognize that others have experienced less. I think I have learned one thing however besides the...
Lack of communication is extremely frustrating and unfortunately I was unable to get any feedback until after the second QC failure in my particular circumstance. Based on what I've experienced and read this is kind of the norm when dealing with EG even through a retailer. I think EG is more focused on making shoes and less so on comunicating what's going on. However if your shoes or boots require a third build you might be able to find out what's going on, but then...
That does help, always nice to receive a new one every few months or so.
 It was a pleasant surprise when as a part of a Dover GMTO I received notice that they were ready 3 months after they were ordered. However unfortunately the person that organized the GMTO had too wait a good couple of months longer. Agreed, and one of the main reason I choose to purchase EG in the first place is because of those things most do not do such as that Pig Bristle stitching, gorgeous finishing, and in general outstanding quality.t has tried my patience but in...
This kind of thing can happen from time to time with EG. It took me 10 months and two failed attempts to get a pair of Falkirks. But at least when I finally received my pair which was the last shoe to arrive from a Skoaktiebolaget restock order my pair was flawless and the color from what I could tell was the best out of that order. I'm one of many for sure and sometimes these things require patience, but at least most of our rotations are such that we can afford to be...
Yep, thought of your pair when I mentioned it.
I have found Vass makes a few attractive shoes or boots that appeal to me but I can't quite recall what their Chukkas looks like. There are however a couple of things that keep me from buying anymore shoes or boots from Vass..Their problematic sizing and varying different sizes for the same Last same size that I read about, quality issues that seem to appear for time to time (Vass'' Character) and the lack of antiquing I've become accustomed too with Edward Green and...
The only others that can compare are the ones from St Crispins in my opinion anyway.