or Connect

Posts by dddrees

Wax primarily for heel and toe for a higher shine. Typically I use a cream on the other parts of the shoe or boot. The reason for this is because less chance of cracking on the more flexible parts of the shoe or boot.
No problem.Their selection is a bit limited right now, but they have a few Pre-Orders that are pretty tempting and an incoming Dover in DOAK due next week I believe. Also considering their very friendly EG prices a single MTO thru them tends to be less than an in stock option from most venders.
The price you ultimately pay can sometimes depend on where your located, but Skoaktiebolaget tends to have some very EG friendly prices.Sales at various venders do also occur from time to time but models and sizes can often be limited.
Thanks, and I actually saw that this morning. Unfortunately my size isn't availible.
Anything is possible, and it might be worth a shot.
Good luck, I hope it works out for you. Personally, I think CJ makes a great boot period. I also have their Islay and at some point I wouldn't mind getting their Peal and Co Boot for BB as well.
I have my doubts but the worse they could say is no. I do have a feeling that now might be a bad time to try and organize an MTO, there's been a lot of sales and Pre-price raising purchases of late. Not sure how many people are ready for any more GMTOs right now.
 I for one would be interested to hear how they are doing from time to time. Again Congrats!!!!One can only hope. I for one have my fingers crossed.
The main thing holding me back is that I already have the CJ Marlow for RL which pretty much serves about the same purpose. Like you I wish EG hadnt messed with the Old DOAK. That and the fact EG doesn't allow GMTOs anymore are two of the biggest mistakes EG has made lately in my eyes. The fact that they also don't sell lasted shoe trees are an annoyance to a smaller degree.
Congrats, that sounds like a amazing find.Sounds like the leather is in great condition as well, amazing considering the leather hasn't probably been treated with anything this entire time. Just the other day however I saw where someone posted an article in on of the threads I read from a curator stating how they determined the best treatment for maintaining leather in museums is not to use leather conditioners. Something to the point that conditioners tend to attract dust...