or Connect

Posts by Wrighty

Hi Beagleboy That's very interesting...mine don't have those ref numbers or any mention of genuine cordovan (as some shoes do) but they are certainly shell. They are quite old I think, and somebody else pointed out that they may have been made for Churchs by a US maker for the US market - certainly I have not seen any UK made Churchs in a full wingtip style elsewhere. Are yours identical, with the black piping?
Hi all   I am trying to to identify the model of these Church's shoes. I purchased them from a guy who was selling his collection - they look to be fairly old and are shell cordovan, but are in great condition.   I have looked online but have not been able to find a Church's model like this, which is a full wingtip gunboat.   Codes handwritten inside the shoe are : 80E (Size 8E) 73 (last?) and then underneath 90.7   There is also 100 handwritten on the...
Very interesting, my recently purchased S/H Church's brogues have the same issue. After multiple hits with Renomat and rebuilding with both cream and wax, the shoes will now take a brush shine but no more. Toes are still darker and a bit rougher and won't mirror up...Not sure why this happens.
That explains why i am having trouble getting a good mirror out here in Riyadh...its been 45+ deg !
I guess that you might be right, although these are decent Church's custom grade and the shoes look to be in good nick. Buying S/H I guess you just never know what's gone before..Thanks for the help.
Thanks...that has been my approach today. Two thinish coats of cream and then brushing between.Tomorrow I'll try to gradually build some wax layers up with no water I guess, and just brush to a shine to see if I can get an even finish.Thx.
Hi all   I wanted to ask for some more help here - I wasn't ready to give up just yet.   In short, I got the shoes as far as a really nice shine on the toe in all areas except for one dull, matt, darker patch on each shoe. This was in the same place where the initial application of reno and then polish looked like it was being absorbed as damp and showed as a damp patch until I dried it out (Last week)   So last night I went at them one last time with Renomat and removed...
Many thanks..may have to do that   Currently they are sitting in the heat on my doorstep drying out with reno coats on only - they look dull, and the stain is barely visible. Unfortunately it appears that even when its gone, the moment a product with any moisture (all of them) goes back on, it re-appears.   If I miss the cream step (several layers) am I not compromising the protection of the leather after the renomat?   Do these look like calf leather to you? I think they...
Interesting update..   I decided to use renomat to start again with the toes, and subsequently dried the shoes - once I applied the first light coat of renovateur this morning, the first thing I noticed was an uneven application.   In other words, as soon as the product went on to the toe caps, the previous area of darker staining (no longer visible after drying) reverted to being darker again and seemed to absorb the product differently.   Not looking good for that...
Don't know how I missed it, lots to learn still...