or Connect

Posts by RIDER

There is a myriad of variations...... http://www.courtley-sons.it/constructions.php
I forget the exact arrangement, but long ago - when machines began to replace the handmade method commercially - you could enter into an agreement with the manufacturer of the GY machinery and basically 'lease' everything for a set cost per pair made......pennies. Was a much easier way to expand your production capabilities than laying out cash and was revolutionary in it's concept. So, GY became the standard mass production method.
Wear the boots......
    If of interest..............
Yes.....or simply cream. Don't bother with wax on peccary, or deerskin/similar.
Hats off to Tony & Dean on that one......one hell of a tough make there.
 My point exactly.....I choose neither.As far as 'tea', I'm afraid science disagrees though. This was the landmark study issued by the EPA that was the beginning of the end for many tanneries here in the US.Fast forward to page 26:Further, it would be far too simple to assume that the only process of a tannery that would possibly have an impact on the environment would be the method of tanning - of far more consequence is the method, and materials/waste, associated with...
Well, I'm certainly sorry to hear that....and I think I know who you are referring to.Regarding allergies - sure, I have seen it as well. A few times, and they know what they need to look for. It certainly represents a tiny fraction of the population. I'm allergic to bee stings so I stay away from bees.BLC Leather Technology Center commissioned a study by Ecobilan S.A. (Reference BLC Report 002) to do a life cycle analysis to evaluate the various tanning chemicals, to...
That was an interesting read......saw it long ago so much has changed, for sure, there. Also, just for the record.....Saphir does use, in fact, real Mink Oil. Sourced from Finland. The Creme Universelle uses Jojoba Oil, interestingly enough. Also, you have to be very careful reading older publications regarding products. Manufacturers in this business change formulas at the drop of a hat.
Ehh....it's all a bunch of hippie hand-wringing, if you ask me.But - and I can't find the pdf I grabbed years ago right now - here is a link that apparently references the same study.....a study paid for by an Eco group.http://www.all-about-leather.co.uk/what-is-leather/the-eco-leather-story.htmAs well, and I'm sure you know, most 'veg' leathers sold are really chrome tanned with a veg retan.......true veg tanned will not hold up against the elements without additional...