or Connect

Posts by RIDER

Always interesting looking at those old articles - we don't have much of that left in this business.I had always heard that Haas created Box calf...quick look shows a similar article, dateline 1912, also crediting the Haas Tannery. Interestingly, they also claimed credit for a tannage called 'White Calf'. Perhaps they were all cousins.One thing I do know is that it is very difficult - has been for quite a few years - to get good deliveries of black calf......except from...
EXACTLY!The manufacturer can file and handle all of the paperwork correctly........a retail store, however, is a different story. A retail cannot file the paperwork because they don't have the tag #'s TO file the paperwork - or the export license. The factory, yes.We do the same thing, and we always then handle the transaction thru one of our accounts/stores here in the US. This way the paperwork all lines up. The few times we shipped directly to a clients home, we...
It's sort of like speeding....everyone does it, sometimes you get pulled over - most the time you don't. But when you do, it gets expensive.Whether you want to believe it or not, it is illegal to import App1 products without a license, a permit and the proper CITES docs. And a retailer has no ability to file these docs.....a retailer wouldn't have the information to even file them #1, and #2 they have to be obtained - after a waiting period - in person. The laws for...
or Joe's actually......just not John's of Bleecker St.
me.........rather, Sassetti for Rider Boot Co.
Nothing to do with suede or anything....only CITES goods.https://www.cites.org/
Well, then, that's a problem........they can't send CITES goods across the border. Not legally, anyway. Also, remember that YOU are the importer of record......not the brand or shops responsibility to know import regulations as YOU are the one that will be held responsible. Of course, there is always the chance nothing gets opened. But, laws/regulations being broken here. Also worth noting that Homeland Security administers CITES regulations these days - and...
Just go to John's and order 'pizza'. You'll like it -
We did get them - and made them available to every retailer in both dropbox as well as keys to our FTP servers thing. Tarrago was much more in depth than Avel, but there were always guides available - that we asked accounts to post on their sites or at least be aware of to answer questions - but I don't think it went far.Example: