or Connect

Posts by jmills

Yeah, people have a thing about watches with roman numerals? When I tried on a watch last week, the sales assistant was pointing to some similar watches, "but those have roman numerals" she said, waving dismissively towards some other brands on display with a sort of sneer. Was wondering what was up with that.
How formal is the wedding? I'd probably just go for a quarter/semi-brogue if you're looking for a tasteful black shoe that will serve mostly the same purposes as the Aldwych - something like the Loake Strand. It is also on the same last as the pair you already have, so you can be certain of the sizing.   Loake vs. RMW is all about how well a pair of boots meshes with your overall style. Otherwise, they both have reasonable quality construction. The RMWs will probably be...
What else would you wear a pair of black brogue wingtips with, other than a suit, anyway? Sleek black dress shoes look strange with more casual outfits, at least to my eye.
If you don't feel like flying, Double Monk will also pop shoes in the post for you anyway, at a rate of $25 a pair. I've used this twice now for C&J hand grades with no problems. I guess it only works if you already know what you want and your size, but even if not, you could probably make some arrangements in advance for a return/exchange, should your order turn out not to fit you properly.
With all the recent talk of fragrances, can we talk deodorants? I'm in need of a new one, and I was wondering if any SF gents have recommendations. While I generally love Aesop products, I found the scent to be a bit much in deodorant form. I'm looking at the Men's Biz range at the moment, does anyone have any thoughts as to how well Penhaligon/Jack Black/Baxter's deodorant sticks work in our climate?   Cheers guys.
 Grats, my degree is done now too, still have to do PLT. 
A bit off topic but anyone here rocking one of the new GMT IIs? I've decided I'm keen but really torn between the stainless steel and the two-tone...
 http://www.thearmourystore.com/categories/footwear/carmina-uetam-80285-loafer-suede-natural ?  
 I quite like that look - think I've seen another pic of that jacket with a PJ zig-zag tie? Feeling inclined to get something similar made for the summer...
Cheers, it's strange how much the Oak varies in photos. Those Blake look nice, too.