or Connect

Posts by jmills

What exactly does formal mean? I'm guessing we're in the age where 'formal' just means lounge suit?
Hey guys,   Where would one source some decent cufflinks these days? I thought I might try to locate some subtle, simple ones for variety from silk knots. I just checked Drakes of London and it appears they no longer carry cufflinks.   I already know of Kent Wang and also the slim pickings from The Armoury. Are there any other vendor/brand options I'm forgetting? I have flicked through the sites of 'fashion houses' and various jewellery designers', but unsurprisingly...
Can confirm that the kids of the rough-and-tumble primary school I went to used that one almost universally (I was born in 1990).
Greetings JL enthusiasts! I have just stumbled come across the City III, a black oxford in a grain leather with a rubber sole. I thought this might be a good choice for the current inclement weather, and decent in combination with a suit in a fuzzy cloth.   Did anyone pick a pair of these up while they were available? Apart from being curious what they look like in the wild, I'm worried they might have been a limited edition that has since been dumped, as they've...
I know that I shouldn't even respond to something like this, but I can't resist observing the irony in him calling us racists, when he basically decided to drop a random rant about some apparent traits shared by all Australians, and apparently did so just because he came across a thread called Australian Members...
 Nice looking watch! Who makes your shirts? I think from memory PJ OTRs had an extra 1/2 an inch in the left cuff for a watch, so you could swap hands and it'll probably fit under.
 Yeah, people have a thing about watches with roman numerals? When I tried on a watch last week, the sales assistant was pointing to some similar watches, "but those have roman numerals" she said, waving dismissively towards some other brands on display with a sort of sneer. Was wondering what was up with that.
How formal is the wedding? I'd probably just go for a quarter/semi-brogue if you're looking for a tasteful black shoe that will serve mostly the same purposes as the Aldwych - something like the Loake Strand. It is also on the same last as the pair you already have, so you can be certain of the sizing.   Loake vs. RMW is all about how well a pair of boots meshes with your overall style. Otherwise, they both have reasonable quality construction. The RMWs will probably be...
What else would you wear a pair of black brogue wingtips with, other than a suit, anyway? Sleek black dress shoes look strange with more casual outfits, at least to my eye.
If you don't feel like flying, Double Monk will also pop shoes in the post for you anyway, at a rate of $25 a pair. I've used this twice now for C&J hand grades with no problems. I guess it only works if you already know what you want and your size, but even if not, you could probably make some arrangements in advance for a return/exchange, should your order turn out not to fit you properly.