or Connect

Posts by MattTO

Its a good read!   Just read this section, recommending the midnight blue, oxford gray or dark gray...  All the other aspects I was already pretty settled on.. peak lapels, french cuff shirt, white shirt with a turn down collar and a not so wide spread (maybe a pique front), black tie...  Shoes provided some good insight as I hadn't really gone there yet..   The bespoke shop I went into, he did suggest getting a 2nd pair of pants in a nice zegna check pattern to go with...
  We thought about a tux, but its going to be on the beach and we didn't want to go that far on our travels.     Thanks for the tip, I didn't really think about it like that?  What other colors would you recommend for me to look at?     Inexperience.. Just don't know any better...  Wedding will be on the beach at sunset in Bali.  I tried a 3pc Canali, it was also black however.  What do you feel would be a more suitable color?   Shirt was going to be white with straight...
      Thanks!  I have a pretty nice Navy already and a Black with a subtle pin stripe, a few tweed jackets and SCs..   Seems like charcoal maybe be the better choice to start looking at...   Any recommendations as to a nice charcoal or what books/manufactures should I look at?  I read oxford gray in Mantons article...   Thanks Matt
  Thanks for the reply!   Fiance liked black, its simple, versatile ect..  I'm not dead set on it by any means.  Would wear ti to cocktail parties, charity events, museum exhibit openings ect..   I will look up what he said a read it later today, thanks!   Here in Toronto, the Bespoke shops which do completely custom made, in house suits with multiple fittings run in the 4k range, depending on fabric and the TF I tried on was almost the exact same.   Sunset wedding on the...
Hey,   I have been trying on suits for my upcoming wedding and wanted to get some thoughts:   Z Zegna Charcoal Mohair (i like the fabric much more then the suit)   Boss Black (don't really like Boss or their quality, but I tried it on anyways)   Isaia in Black:     Tom Ford in Black   This is a sample jacket I tried on at a Bespoke shop which felt great and has a great look   Finished jacket at the same Bespoke shop (a tad...