or Connect

Posts by COLONEL77

tonylamer - THE NAME S.E. DACK WAS FOR THE TOP OF THE LINE MODELS, BEING SHOES OF THE VERY BEST MATERIALS TO THE HIGHEST QUALITY STANDARDS -   BESPOKE IS ANOTHER WORD FOR MADE - TO - ORDER / MADE - TO - MEASURE, WHICH DACKS PRODUCED FOR MANY YEARS UNTIL THE 1970s -  FOR A DEFINITION IT MIGHT BE GOOD TO LOOK THIS UP AS IT WAS A COMMON TERM IN TAILOR MADE SUITINGS AND ALSO MEANS A CUSTOM BUILD WHEN REFERRING TO THINGS LIKE SHOES ALONG WITH MANY OTHER MADE TO ORDER...
BILL SMITH - SORRY YOU ARE INSULTED - HOWEVER, IF YOU READ BACK TO INITIAL POSTS YOU WILL SEE REASON WHY EVERYTHING IS IN UPPERS / BOLD - THANK YOU - COLONEL77
tonylamer - THERE ARE A NUMBER OF STAMPINGS TO BE FOUND IN DACK'S HEEL SOCKS AND ON SOLES, SUCH AS ' S.E. DACK ', ' BESPOKE ', ALONG WITH SOME OTHERS ...   ' CUSTOM GRADE ' WAS THE STANDARD LINE FOR MOST DACK'S MODELS, THEREFORE YOU WILL FIND MORE OF THAT LABELING THAN ALL OTHERS.
ADDITIONALLY, YOU MAY WISH TO ADJUST YOUR TAG LINE ON BOTTOM AS IT IS ' BUELLER ' not ' BEULLER '.
YOU MIGHT BE BEST ADVISED TO CONTACT THE NEW MATTHEW DACK WEBPAGE TO SEE WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT SIZING AS BELIEVE THEY MENTION IT SOMEWHERE ON THEIR WEBPAGE ...   FAILING THAT SEND THEM AN EMAIL AS THEY ARE LOOKING FOR BUSINESS SO WILL GET BACK TO YOU.
NO  CHURCH'S  SHOES  WERE  EVER  PRODUCED  IN  CANADA  BY  DACK'S / HARTT  AS  ALL  THEIR  TOTAL  PRODUCTION  WERE  TURNED  OUT  IN  MAIN  FACTORY  IN  NORTHAMPTON THEN  SENT  OUT  AROUND  WORLD,  MOSTLY  TO  U.S.A. / CANADA / EUROPE / AUSTRALIA / OTHER SPOTS ...   DACK'S WERE SOLD ACROSS CANADA IN ALL EATON'S STORES WHILE THE HARTT LINE, OFTEN WITH SIMILAR / EXACT STYLES WITH THE DIFFERENT HARTT HEEL SOCK / SOLE STAMP WERE SOLD ONLY IN SIMPSON'S STORES...
I STILL HAVE MY PAIR OF CORFAM GOLF SHOES, EXACTLY AS SHOWN IN THESE PHOTOGRAPHS BUT WITH A DIFFERENT HEEL SOCK, WHICH ARE AT LEAST 42 YEARS OLD AND ARE STILL IN GREAT SHAPE AS DID NOT WEAR THESE THAT MUCH HAVING OTHER GOLF SHOES TO WEAR ... INTERESTING TO SEE THIS PAIR COMING TO LIGHT IN POLAND AND HAVING NOT BEEN WORN AND LOOKING LIKE RIGHT FROM THE BOX.  
REPLY  TO  DOINK - THIS IS A LITTLE LATE ALTHOUGH WE HAVE JUST BEEN MADE AWARE OF THIS IMPORTANT GROUP OF WEBPAGES ... MY FATHER, ANTHONY H. MARSTON, PURCHASED DACK’S SHOES IN 1947, THEN PURCHASED THE HARTT BOOT AND SHOE COMPANY IN 1958 …  THE  FACTORY STREET  ADDRESS  IS  ACTUALLY  401  YORK  STREET  AND  SMYTHE  STREET  IS  THE  NEXT  MAJOR  STREET  OVER ... HE THEN SOLD BOTH OPERATIONS TO CHURCH’S ENGLISH SHOES OF NORTHAMPTON, ENGLAND, IN 1964, REMAINING AS...
SHOELADY - IT NOW GREATLY APPEARS YOU HAVE MADE YOUR POSITION VERY CLEAR IN THIS ISSUE ...  WELL DONE !!!   FOR  THE  RECORD,  WE MADE A NUMBER OF STYLES IN ' FIGHTING SEAL ' IN BOTH LOAFERS AND LACED STYLES ...   THEY WERE ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR SHOES WE SOLD FOR A VERY LONG TIME, COVERING OVER 30+ YEARS ...   THEREFORE,  I WOULD DEFINITELY FEEL THIS NICE PAIR SHOULD BE WORTH AT LEAST $ 100 IN THE SHAPE THEY ARE IN AND IN AN OPEN AUCTION COULD VERY WELL GO...
REPLYING TO ' SHOELADY ', MY FAMILY OWNED DACK'S AND HARTT FROM 1947 AND 1959 RESPECTIVELY ... THE ACTUAL NAME OF THE SEALSKIN SHOES YOU HOLD WAS MARKETED AS ' FIGHTING SEAL ' AS  YOU SHOULD NOTE VARIOUS SMALL  SCRATCHES / GOUGES IN THE OVERALL APPEARANCE OF THE SHOES ... THESE WERE ONE OF OUR MOST POPULAR SHOES FROM THE EARLY 1960s UNTIL DACK'S WENT OUT OF BUSINESS ... THE SHOE SOCK WITH THE 150th ANNIVERSARY WAS USED FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS, FROM LATE 1983 IN ADVANCE OF...