or Connect

Posts by RoleyAnderson

There's a few things you can do to clean shoes and keep them clean for longer: 1) Get some rubbing alcohol and wipe/pat at the spots to remove them (i.e. 70% works well, 90% works really well, but either may remove the finish from your shoes depending on if they are leather or artificial vinyl/polyurethane leather). 2) Mix some baking soda and water to make a paste and scrub at the shoes with a toothbrush. 3) Get a shoe cleaner and follow instructions. There are...
There are a few ways to remove shoe polish from shoes. 1) use a rubbing alcohol solution (i.e. 70% works, use 90% works the best but might strip the color so watch out), 2) use odorless mineral spirits (works really well, but again might strip color), 3) use a rag and brush to buff out as much as possible and wipe at them with a conditioner.  There are also brand name "stripper" solutions like Tandy Leather, etc., but they are pretty caustic and shouldn't even be handled...
FYI you CAN protect against scuffs, stains, dirt, and water using SKUFF Protective Coatings - check it out.  PM me if you want a sample...  
Try using SKUFF - it's a clear finish for shoes that adds a shine that lasts for years, and it comes in a precision applicator, so you might be able to miss the suede all together and get the shine that your looking for.   Get the "Polished" version.  Good product - highly recommend!  Also, protects from scuff marks and repels water, dirt, and stains to keep shoes clean and looking new.   http://www.skuff.us