or Connect

Posts by danilo

went to the doctor, he took some x-rays, discs seem fine. He said it's a very slim possibility I could have some small fractures or tears, that he wouldn't be able to see without an MRI. He wants me to do some physical therapy for a month, continue to go to the gym, but lay off squats or anything that may injure my back. He prescribed Naprosyn (anti-inflammatory). He said if I'm still in pain in a month I'm going in the MRI. Really, he didn't check much more than what...
yeah I'm going to a sports medicine doctor on Friday... my copay is $10 so I guess it's worth my time to get checked out before I start doing training again.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. White Is Soma an anti-inflammatory? No. Soma is a knockout drug for people who hurt too much to fall asleep. You really should not play Russian roulette with drugs. What you did wrong was to lift more than 70 lbs. After a back injury, your new maximum is about 30. Don't believe me? Go pick up heavier weight and watch yourself get injured again. Don't say I didn't warn you. Accept the fact that you are young and...
Quote: Originally Posted by innerstyle Are you on the stronglifts email list? Medhi sent some tips on technique that might help you, here's some links that might help you figure out where you went wrong. You don't want to go through life with a permanent back problem so I'd try to identify your form issue before you get back into...
yeah, he's some fat indian guy... I don't think he can relate to anything sports related at least not in his own experience. But he's great at handing out antibiotics!
Ok, in the meantime, my wife has Soma carisprodol which is a muscle anti-inflamatory as well as Percocet. lol we have a street pharmacy in our medicine cabinet maybe I should take a Soma for some muscle relaxing? I really don't think this is as serious as a disc issue, and if I don't feel at all better this week I will go see a doctor... however I'm not sure I have the best doctor either. Last time I had a stomach problem he gave me some antibiotics and I got even...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradstudent78 Definitely go see a different doctor he's not a trainer or a coach or even a sports doctor, so I can see where he's coming from by recommending a smith machine, as that gives a controlled motion. From a training perspective I don't think it's a good idea because it's an unnatural motion, so I think it wouldn't be as 'involving' but I'm sure it's safer in a sense for some. I won't be using it, if I...
To add to my description, I don't use any weight training belt or anything. When I went last week and I saw him, I felt progressively better through the week. My mistake was squatting again last night, I wasn't fully healed and it hurt even more. I'm going to see how I feel for the next couple of days, I can't see a doctor this weekend anyways.
well the chiropractor put me in various positions, lifted my legs in multiple ways, he checked my muscles in my lower back and told me I definitely had some inflamation in the muscles and that they were spasming. He told me to not do squats for a bit, and if I start doing it again do it on the smith machine (which I probably won't do). Because to me, if you do the squat properly it won't hurt your back, but rather strengthen it. Maybe I need to add some other exercises...
So I've been doing the stronglifts program for about a year or so. I got to the goal of 1.5x body weight on a 1 rep max and actually exceeded it by being able to do a full 5x5 set of 235lbs @ 155lb body weight Now at some point last thursday I was doing my squat and deadlift. When I finished, I felt my lower back kinda tight. I took a week off and when I went to squat yesterday again at a much lighter weight. I hurt my back again, this time worse, I could hardly even...