or Connect

Posts by danilo

Yeah, I didn't go to Edmonton, totally happy with that decision. /thread
Quote: Originally Posted by Reynard369 Where's the busiest section of Daytona? City and beach? Thanks! Ocean Walk and the Boardwalk Best actual beach to visit is south Daytona aka Ponce Inlet take A1A south till it ends. There's a lighthouse there you can go up as well. I wouldn't say this is where you'll find the most chicks and stuff on a regular weekend, but it's very nice beach with a jetty and some surf if there's a swell.
So what's a good rum to start off with that's not too pricey? Best rum I've tried so far (which I'm sure will be laughed at) is the Bacardi Reserve Limited. I'm from Puerto Rico as well, so I've tried most of the rums from Puerto Rico, although they're probably no-where near the caliber of some of the ones mentioned here.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Not to be a hater, but why do you guys want your food to be so spicy hot? I like almost everything I eat to be spicy... don't know why. It's just good! Favorite sauce I've had is Steven's hot sauce, only one retailer in the U.S. sells it I think. It's got alot of flavor that's used in Sofrito in puerto rican food. Other than that, I really like Yucateo Red or Green
I agree with all of the above, that's the kind of experience I usually go for. Manati has a great surfer beach (one of my favorites) called 'Los Tubos'. I haven't been to San German, I'll add that to my list of things to do. I heard of a place called vaca brava, that I heard was interesting. Never been... they said it was like an old western town or something like that. Sounds strange.
Old Fashions are nice (I also made a Bacon Bourbon old fashion very delish) I also like Sidecars Cuba Libres are hard to screw up
There are a ton of really good bakeries where you can get sandwiches and pastries. I've been to two that are amazing. Castillo in Bayamon (close to Plaza del Sol), it's a bakery with lots of spaniard goods, dry cured serrano hams and other good stuff. My favorite Medianoche and fantastic quesitos. La Esmeralda - in Guaynabo, don't know exactly where it is, but it's really good. There is a Tapas place in San Juan I thought was pretty good (one of the best servers I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike Can we morph this into a things to do in PR thread too? Previous search gave vox's take and very little else. Any other recs on food or things to do in San Juan? I'm there for 5 days and am planning to do zipline/rain forest, flamenco beach and a couple other beaches, bio bay, snorkeling in Vieques - anything else not quite as well known? - I would say Culebra is nicer than Vieques. But they're both...
Quote: Originally Posted by Danmd340 Old San Juan has the "El Convento," which is situated right in the middle of the colonial city, Condado has "La Concha" which is a very trendy/stylish beach-front hotel not far from Old San Juan, and Bahia Beach St. Regis is a golf and beach-oriented resort opened last October 40 minutes from the main airport. If you like surfing, there is Rincón at the west side of the island, I've visited The Hornet Dorset and it...
don't get me wrong, doing regular push ups till you fail will help, I can usually get to 70 then I crash. I don't know if that sucks or not, but whatever. I travel sometimes for a week or two at a time so I know how it is to miss the 'routine'. The hardest thing with traveling is keeping a clean diet I think... as long as you still eat well and do some of the stuff above you can still keep an 'active' lifestyle. Doing little things like walking instead of taking the...