or Connect

Posts by gforce

thanks cool arrow. It's more like it is just a bit lumpy......and only the right boot....no pressure from the sides or top of the shoe. I'll call Shoe Mart tomorrow...........I really want to keep these boots........
Just received my Shoe Mart seconds...................Color 8 hand sewn boot............The only odd thing I notice is the footbed of the right shoe seems a little raised in the toe area.....kind of like a ridge almost where my toes meet my foot. I'm guessing the cork would compress and conform to my foot shape after a few wears, but would appreciate any advice from someone who knows more than me. I've never encountered this before, and I definitely don't want to wear them...
Keep in mind that the captoe boot at the SF store is on Barrie ......I have a pair and love them
FWIW.....The guys at Alden SF described the Grant as a Barrie with a more narrow toe box. After trying a Grant boot on, I see exactly what they mean and, understand why some guys have a hard time finding the right size. It does not work for me, but obviously some people love it. Personally I would not size down, and if you have a low instep it might not be the best fit for you. Good luck!
I bought the same boots there and I found them to fit a little narrower than a usual D width Barrie boot which worked well for me....I'm in between C and D barrie.... I also tried on 2 pairs of 10.5 C PTB and one pair was definitely wider than the other. They are are hand made shoes, and some variance is to be expected in my experience.
Sounds similar to my feet. I'd bet you are a 10.5 C Barrie and possibly 11C plaza......and yes, try modified last!
not snuff but suede............https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~A9564/A9564.jsp
Too bad they don't offer C or non-stock widths on pre orders............
Very nice Mike! Love the antique edge!