or Connect

Posts by Claghorn

You might also ask at the Good Natured Advice Thread: Building a Business Wardrobe. That's a thread originally meant to cater to such endeavors. Still a good place if you can manage to keep everyone's attention long enough and weed through the deluge of (mostly) solid advice. Also, Chris Despos (@Despos), one of the best bespoke tailors in the US, operates out of Dallas and Chicago.
Nothing I said contradicts this. Suits are his safest option, I think.---SFF:PTKWSM
I occasionally wear a black rubber "cause" bracelet for Korean sex slaves kidnapped during Japan's occupation of the peninsula. My wife and I donated to them a few times a year when we were living in Seoul. Thankfully, that mess has almost been sorted out as of a few days ago. Still not happy with the wording of Japan's apology (never directly taking responsibility (e.g. "What happened with the military occupation was horrible...we feel a deep responsibility"), but I...
As a happily married man (of almost three years): just ask what about the watch appeals to her. I doubt anything is as important to marriage as establishing a norm of communication. But that probably depends on the marriage.
I am not a watch guy. I own three museum Movados because I think they are beautiful, but I never wear them. I don't see the point since they are always hidden by my sleeve. I understand that if you love watches, there doesn't need to be a point. As you've mentioned, it is an expensive purchase. It also seems like you are on the fence about it; I don't think dropping a bunch of money on a luxury you aren't sure of is a good idea. I took a negotians class some time ago. I...
You really need to take a few moments to orient yourself regarding the various forum personalities. I wouldn't say that any of those three are similar in how they offer their criticism (except that all three are correct more often than not), and I've never gotten the impression that Pliny has ever enjoyed offering criticism for criticism's sake.---K-T:I agree that a bit more...structure isn't exactly the right word...but whatever the opposite of "frumpy" is. Pressing your...
Which email account are you emailing? There are also people who work at his wearhouse and who handle the MTM thing.   ---   Just ordered this three season:   I've not yet taken pictures of the my most recent jacket. My plan is to do the following:   - Take one set--front, sides, and back--with me standing naturally - Take a second set with my right shoulder slightly raised. I have a dropped right shoulder, and this was something we addressed going from the trial...
It was 84 degrees today. Tomorrow high in the 60's, thank goodness.