or Connect

Posts by Claghorn

I think, given that the original poster wishes it deleted. And I imagine Robinson's wishes it deleted. And given that Robinson's handled it admirably. It should be deleted. Or even better, the title and original post ammended. I'm sure the blogger/writer will feel good having effected change. @emptym What say you?
Seems like navy would be the most business of any blazer. So does that mean no blazer is ever business? I suppose different countries have different standards. America, well, it seems like almost anything is "business" these days. In Seoul, which is pretty conservative, a navy blazer is still pretty business. Germany may be a bit more conservative than either place. Had that blazer been a lighter shade of blue, or in silk-linen, I think I'd be more at peace with that look....
True for any jacket, which shouldn't stop us from weighing one cut against the other. The "problem" (I use the term loosely as it's still a lovely jacket and a lovely cut) is the the open quarters seemed very rushed. There is no grand arc from the buttoning point as you see in the Liverano. Symmetry is appealing. Plain and simple. The Liverano cut achieves that (or at least, is capable of doing so) whereas the Eidos cut only hints at the possibility. And that may be worse...
Independent of whom it is cut for, it looks like the Liverano symmetry is both horizontal and vertical, whereas the Eidos is only vertical. I think those open quarters require both. The Eidos looks quite good, but I do think I higher buttoning point would have made it truly excellent
I've never been one for fun pants, but if I were to be a fun pants type of fellow, I'd say that the top should be equally fun. The jacket and tie come across as way too business for those pants.
I was thinking that another interesting, and related, challenge would to be to post the fits you were most proud of. A degree of difficulty sort of thing. The voting would be interesting for that as well. For example, I'd post this as my entry for that challenge: [[SPOILER]] Way, way, way far away from my favorite fit ever. But I can't think of one that I was more pleased with.
Have you ever thought of doubling up on the Reeves' labels? Left side, right side, that sort of thing. Also, maybe put one under the jacket collar, that way it is visible when your clients (inevitably) pop their collars whilst carousing at a neighborhood hip hop discotheque.   (also, why don't you like the fabric labels? I've always liked having the labels of the tailor and the fabric for whatever reason. I guess it makes me feel like the jacket is a part of a longer...
Another of that jacket. The actual color is between the two: [[SPOILER]] I'll probably be getting the pants made to match it.
My next jacket has that C cut. Pretty excited about it. In four years, 4 inch lapels are going to be the new 2 inch lapels. The difference is that they'll look awesome. Still, I'll be sticking with 3.5, both because it'll "age" better, being a bit more moderate, and it is nicely proportional to my head and shoulders. Though my head could probably handle 4.
  [[SPOILER]]