or Connect

Posts by Claghorn

I often chortle scornfully at such people.   (People who don't consult shirtmakers. Not people who molest animals. For those people I call the ASPCA. Animal molestation is no laughing matter. We really shouldn't molest animals)   (unless our shirtmakers tell us to)   (naturally)
I definitely wouldn't buy the yellow tie again (pre-SF) and I'm not sure I'd buy the RLPL paisley against either. If it were just money vs that tie, I'd probably pick the tie (because it's a nice tie to own, if not to wear). But if it were that tie vs another, I'd probably pick the other)
I will bet you dollars to donuts that, for the price of lunch and drinks, you could get a couple of NY area SF members to take all those measurements for you.
Yah, NickP, your pictures were enough to settle any debate. Your presence was a few hours too late
Proportionality argument: bigger head, wider lapels. Broader shoulders, wider lapels. Longer torso, wider lapels. Ordered in terms of priority.
Yeah, those look great. I wonder if the angle on gdl's makes the buttoning point appear lower.
Keep the metal buttons, throw in triple patch pockets, and that blazer is still too business for those pants. The blazer it fine. The pants are fine (and fun). The blazer is mid-business. The pants are super casual. I just don't think they jive together. Their levels of formality are too different.   ------   On a broader note:   I think that how something appears is always more important than what it is. A blucher is more casual than an oxford, but if I see a...
I think, given that the original poster wishes it deleted. And I imagine Robinson's wishes it deleted. And given that Robinson's handled it admirably. It should be deleted. Or even better, the title and original post ammended. I'm sure the blogger/writer will feel good having effected change. @emptym What say you?
Seems like navy would be the most business of any blazer. So does that mean no blazer is ever business? I suppose different countries have different standards. America, well, it seems like almost anything is "business" these days. In Seoul, which is pretty conservative, a navy blazer is still pretty business. Germany may be a bit more conservative than either place. Had that blazer been a lighter shade of blue, or in silk-linen, I think I'd be more at peace with that look....
True for any jacket, which shouldn't stop us from weighing one cut against the other. The "problem" (I use the term loosely as it's still a lovely jacket and a lovely cut) is the the open quarters seemed very rushed. There is no grand arc from the buttoning point as you see in the Liverano. Symmetry is appealing. Plain and simple. The Liverano cut achieves that (or at least, is capable of doing so) whereas the Eidos cut only hints at the possibility. And that may be worse...