Posts by Claghorn

Can this briefly derail to the meaning of "petty bourgeois"? It's a fun turn of phrase.
Apropos of the red tie brown jacket conversation FWIW (not much), I wish Newcomer had worn a different in that outfit. I'd like the rhubarb tie in a different context, but the rest of that outfit is wonderfully earthy, and a vivid tie isn't doing it for me there. ---
Spier & Mackay is a good option at that price point, and you'll be supporting a small business instead of a large multinational. Quality is probably better than CK as well. You might think about getting a few very pale blue shirts just for variety's sake. They're as easy to wear as white.
When it comes to pants, cotton--with the exception of moleskin--are neither fish nor fowl. Wool or linen.Though I can stomach the ultra trad cotton slacks, blue blazer, OCBD, and repp. That's all well and proper.
I'm very happy with these from Kent Wang     Also, why is this not in the SW&D subforum?
I know its trad and all, but I wish Moss would move away from cotton pants into proper woolen trousers. Often like his outfits, anyway (despite the pants).
Meermin's are decent shoes for the price, and I'll happily recommend them to the budget conscious, but man do they take a while to break in.
Another versatile option are chelseas.
I wouldn't plan on doing lots of walking in any shoe that isn't well broken in, but if it just going to be for occasional wear on your trip, bringing a newish shoe along won't hurt NVM May leaves plenty of time for them to be broken in
It doesn't look it at first glance (at least to my eye), but the mario square is very versatile. Everything seems like a solid purchase there.