or Connect

Posts by Claghorn

Bump.
I think @Seamless has had some success replicating the Tom Ford look via MTM.
@Academic2 @TweedyProf @heldentenor I know I'm missing a few more obvious ones   http://www.styleforum.net/t/504562/dress-in-academia/0_20   ---   You mentioned a gradual shift; it seems like a good idea. I'd start with OCBD (oxford cloth button downs). The cloth is nice and casual (somewhat rough), and the collar type (button down) looks good when worn without a tie. Get 2-3 of these from places like Proper Cloth and Brooks Brothers, get a feel for them, and then...
Claghorn   Andy57   acridsheep   murlsquirrel   clarinetplayer   Henry Carter   mossrocks   EFV   Newcomer   Braddock   urbancomposition   Murl   Cleav   zr3rs   Henry Carter   sebastian mcfox   Murl   SYCSYC   Claghorn   Roycru   http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iv-starting-may-2014/32280_20#post_8300632 ---- People's Choice: Roycru (53) CJP:...
I'd get rid of all but the solid in the fifth picture. The large scale plaids limit you to solid items (and even then, won't ever look as good as your other ties) and the white of the stripes will blend into white shirts and look odd against blue shirts.
Spring/summer look: SFF: Vanda
Ah, for 7-800, you could do much better.   One place to start is Suit Supply. Their fabric quality is hit or miss (ranging from good to what you'd find in a Dillard's). Another possibility at around that range is MTM from Kent Wang. Depending on how comfortable you are with suits/jackets, that might be another option. Just starting out, ready to wear really is the safest bet.
Another vote for navy first and medium gray second. (So the first and third of the suits you included).   What is your price range? Those four suits were less than...inspiring...
Conrad Wu Exquisite Trimmings Howard Yount --- re: facts By a widely accepted (subjective) standard, that the jacket's length is too long is certainly a fact. As well as by OED's sort of surprisingly loose definition of fact (fact: a thing that is indisputably the case. She lacks professional experience, a fact that will be come clear when she appears in public) . But "the jacket is too long" definitely not objective. So it seems like the word "fact" has been...
I just want to say that if you need three suits late summer, you need to move in the next week or so on commissioning your first. You don't want to commission multiple pieces at a single time until your third or fourth suit. Each iteration, a tailor improves your fit. After one, it might be at 90%, 2, 95%, etc. If you start in the next week, you'll give the tailor time to improve your fit over multiple iterations and you'll have three just before you start work. BnT's mtm...