or Connect

Posts by Claghorn

The shoulders are alright, but the waist is too tight (look at the buttoning point and the small of your back, the back is a mess, and the chest is too small (lapels bowing out). You've got a good frame for suits...you might look at RTW options before trying online mtm.
Welcome! Always happy to have more ties available.
Stitchy, correct call on the CJP last week.
SF Family: Sam Hober (tie) @Lady Canuker (square) Pretend like someone has "should have been a suit." This describes a third of my outfits anyway
Yup, it does. Which is why I'm not submitting to any journals ^_^. I'd say the vast majority wouldn't have thought anything was different. A smaller number wouldn't have felt anything was different.   But I didn't indicate what it was that would be different, so their brains searched for what was most salient, something which is capable of brining subconscious impressions into the conscious. Though at the same time, it also could cause them to search for something to...
I don't like tuxedos. I hope I never have to wear them. I will probably be one of those people who go to black tie events in a suit (though at least I'll make it a dressy suit fit. Either gray with white shirt black grenadine or navy peak lapel with white shirt and gray grenadine. Still, it may lead me to be uninvited to other such things. I assume there are a few knaves that do this, yes? If so, I'll join their number. If not...I'll probably get a tux)
I'll upload shortly, but I figured I'd do a little bit of an experiment today. I'm wearing something "dressier" than normal, but dressier in the sense that only SF'ers would probably be able to communicate why it's dressier. Deep blue flannel peak lapel jacket (actually from a suit), gray grenadine tie with a gray striped shirt, gray trousers and black shoes.   I asked a class of some 200 students if there was anything different about what I was wearing vs what I...
If someone wants to pick up a Hober staple for a few bucks off: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Sam-Hober-Navy-and-White-Pindot-Tie-/221698005837   I'm covered in this (I have a nice navy Borrelli with light blue dots that function as my pindot) or I'd probably pick it up.   Some other Noodle friendly deals from around the internet/SF     45 bucks from Howard...
Cleav's idea, so he deserves the credit. I am just the inspiration (and flattered to be so)
I dig his shoes. Those are some serious "fuck you" shoes. I wouldn't wear them. The only thing I want my shoes to say are "Hi, I'm shoes." I don't ask much from my shoes.   On a different note, does anyone have that @Braddock fit on hand where he tried to use a dressier shirt with a more casual suit/tie combination? Maybe last month? It's something I'd like to experiment with (and did, this week).     I went through my pinterest board (close to 700 images of SF or...