or Connect

Posts by Claghorn

The low end of good. Which is to say, good.
^ agreed. But they're sort of the low end of the good quality mills. Which still makes them a good quality mill.
To be clear, I care about "better" tailoring, but I also acknowledge that it has diminishing marginal returns, so I'm not interested in the best money can buy. If wore jackets as rarely as I ate steak, I probably would feel differently. But if it fits well, I don't really "experience" the better tailoring (as you do with a fine steak*). At least with regards to RTW. I guess you might be able to see certain details, but really what you are paying for is what's on the...
MTM. Though they also thought they had more cloth when they were cutting. Still.   B&Tailor:      
I just have a very clear understanding of my own preferences (and from where they derive). Besides, I'm not the only bespoke customer to also appreciate Suit Supply. The Shibumi boys both are regular bespoke clients and regularly wear Suit Supply. And though Coxsackie hasn't dipped his toes into bespoke yet, he wears very expensive RTW brands (Tom Ford amongst others) as well as Suit Supply. Holdfast had a bespoke tailor and regularly wore Suit Supply, if I recall. If it...
Well played, sir. I was struggling to choose between the two. I pinned both for future inspiration. The second batch, the CJP would have gone to Cleav and not Roycru. The CJP is immune to the influence of awesome stories behind pictures. Though Roycru was damned awesome.   A large batch.        
Won't happen for two reasons: *I'm happy with my current bespoke tailor, despite the distance. So for bespoke, I'm set.*I'm very happy with the way Suit Supply fits me and construction has never been something I care much about. I'm a philistine, I know. Never cared about exclusivity either. I feel differently when it comes to steaks. If I had to choose between one 200 dollar dry aged porterhouse from Isabelle the Butcher in Itaewon vs 3 porterhouses...
 @gdl203, he just compared your RTW Formosas to blended nutrient shakes.  I gotta agree with Noodles here. Though I also encourage him to try B&Tailor, not for fit reasons, but for stylistic ones. Stylistically, RTW Formosa and bespoke Formosa are going to be similar. If RTW fits Noodles well, there isn't really much need to go bespoke (though that small need is balanced against cost, so if bespoke isn't much more than rtw...). A better analogy might be dry aged...
Formosa is coming back to the US?
Navy odd jacket from B&Tailor. Something from Suit Supply. Codpiece from Panta.