or Connect

Posts by Claghorn

http://www.styleforum.net/t/230619/cbd-waywrn-an-experiment As a reference for Jiff's endeavors
And don't trust Suit Supply salesman in particular. They have a reputation of trying to squeeze customers into something a size too small. I suggest trying on a few things, asking the salesperson (or your significant other or friend) take pictures. Sit on it for a day or two and then return to make your purchase.   Are you looking for a jacket or a suit? If a suit, probably La Spalla. If it's a jacket, probably Jort or Hudson. If you are looking for a casual suit, Jort...
I have no idea what Al Pacino wears, but this is what I imagine when I think of a respectable guy in his late 40s early 50s who cares about what he wears and doesn't want to look like he's wearing work clothes       (from No Man Walks Alone)
Going to give this thread another go   @Marc Voorhees   The jacket fits well and the suit is definitely a keeper. But the colors are a little lackluster (though I've seen similar color combinations managed to have a stronger effect, so I don't know why this isn't doing it for me here), and double breasted suits (formal) and loafers (very casual) are an odd pairing.   @heldentenor It took me a bit to figure out what it is about this outfit that didn't quite work...
This is what I do (and did yesterday):
I am an iGent and happily so. A good chunk of why I dress the way I dress is for the internet. All of why I dress the way I dress is because it is fun to do so (though most of my colleagues do wear I jacket and tie when they teach). Though I admit it's silly when someone makes clothing on the internet serious business.I think the term has been somewhat appropriated.
Contributions to theory get into better journals than contributions to practice. That's probably one of the many things that is wrong with the study of management and organizations.
Agreed  That's why I was only speaking to the world of iGentry. I'm an academic; we don't care that our queries are irrelevant to the real world. And who says that online slapfights can't be reasonably resolved?
Where do you live? That's important both in terms of where you can shop and the environment in which you will be going out?   Where do you plan on going out? How will other people dress?   --- In general, I would avoid Prada and must of the fare you'd find at Barney's/NM/SFA. It is probably too fashion forward and trendy for someone your age, in the sense that it might look somewhat out of place on you. Which isn't a knock. I'm 30 and avoid those places for that...
I think your argument (and I hold that it's unrelated to my question) is that iGentry has little influence on the world outside of #menswear, right? If so, I do not disagree with this. The only people I ever saw in suits with spalla camicia in Seoul were those who were clearly hobbyists.