or Connect

Posts by Claghorn

I see debt good for the following:- buying a house- financing an investment (education, new business, even real estate)- when a large purchase would prevent a person from being able to cover expenses in case of an emergency (better a car loan than credit card debt to pay for an emergency room visit)and unless cash is going toward some investment which pays a higher return than the interest, I can't imagine wanting to hold on to it. In the months after I graduated, my debt...
EFV, it's ridiculous you don't put yourself in the top percentile. Which is where I land comfortably (low 80s for myself, mid 90s for EFV)
Debt is only good if you have investments that return more than the debt's interest rate (or the tax write offs balance the interest). I hate debt. Paid off 60k in student loans (and that's with half of it paid by scholarship) in a little under 3 years. I'll do debt month to month(because yay credit card points), but I won't run a balance. Car was paid cash. We'll probably be moving around a bit for the next decade, so by the time we're ready to settle down, we're buying...
Regardless, start with two ties from Hober. A grenadine should definitely be among them if you want to impress upon your wife the qualities of a fine tie. A second might be: https://www.samhober.com/new-linen-tie/midnight-blue-belgian-linen-tie.html or https://www.samhober.com/oxford-weave-silk-ties-en/oxford-silk-tie-clone-clone-en-2.html I asked my wife to go through my Hobers and tell me what would impress her most knowing little of ties (excluding grenadine, which...
I guess we're newly married, so I still try to think of it as "our" money. Given our respective career paths, I will probably always earn substantially more than she, so this is doubly important. This was especially tough to keep in mind this past year when I was working seven days a week. I was lucky in that for a few of the unexpected windfalls, Mrs. C had no issue with me going to B&T, but I can't deny that part of me felt like I should have more say with what we do...
You're far more likely to settle with an approach like this. If you find something you love on eBay, then absolutely get it. But five ties I'm 100% happy with is, in my mind, better than 10 ties I'm 90% happy with. Especially if you plan on expanding your tie selection in the near future. On the flip side, if you're wearing those fives ties five days a week and will be doing so for the foreseeable future, maybe get two of your favorite Hobers, check out the sales at a few...
That's a solid start. I might throw in a green of some sort. But there is little wrong with that starting 5 assuming it meets your preferences. 3.25 is a good width.
I run my purchases past my SO. Why wouldn't I? If she likes something, no problem. If she doesn't, we'll talk about it. Sometimes she'll convince me not to purchase it; other times she doesn't and I purchase anyway with her walking away muttering something about hating suspenders. I'd never purchase something without telling her I'm purchasing it. That sounds like a terrible idea. I'd be pretty upset if she spent a couple hundred dollars on shoes without having a...
I've seen them. JRD isn't fat. That's all I recall.
No. B&T appeals due to it being fairly casual in its cut. Despos is both more formal and more expensive.