or Connect

Posts by Claghorn

Can't tell much about the fit, and lapel width is a bit on the trendier side, but you are definitely safe with regards to color. That's a pretty standard blue.
I used to live near Tommy Lee Jones. We used the same gas station. I saw him there once. He came in, greasy haired, slouching towards the beer section, his grocery store flip flops slapping against the ground. He was wearing faded shorts of some sort and a t-shirt that hung limp having been washed several dozen times past its lifespan. Grabbed a 24 pack of Miller Lite. Drove off in a $120,000 car.    @SpooPoker, please tell me you still have that awesome shop with the...
Perhaps fringed vests to boot
I was planning on suede chukkas actually.
@Mr. Six   Thanks. I think that's probably what I'd recommend: knit tie, OCBD, and jeans, ditching the vest. Agree 100%...the vest will both look odd and increase the incongruence of the look.
Is that the flat weave?
I'd argue that, in general, the waning emphasis on dress codes as a whole is a good thing. On the other hand, some other shifts in emphasis that have accompanied this probably aren't as good.
1. Something I definitely considered. 2. I don't think he or the bride are into clothing at all. Like at all at all. And money be an issue for some of the groomsmen. Otherwise, I might try and push for something a little dressier. 3. Like you, my preferred option. I don't know about vests and jeans. But if its the spring, I think a linen vest might be the way to go (as opposed to wool). Basically anything to lower the formality. Knit ties, linen vests...anything else?
So I'm to be a groomsman at a wedding (my first American wedding, at almost 31), and the groom has hinted at leaning on me for advice on what to wear. However, it seems like they already sort of something in mind for the groomsmen...and that amounts to jeans, a tie, and a vest. As much as I'd like to try and steer him in a different direction, their might be financial constraints for one of the groomsmen, so I may try to keep my advice to him focused solely on the...