or Connect

Posts by 9thsymph

Ahhhh, the good old days...(barf...) I mean, are you really tone deaf to the social implications of: "At the end of the day, the suit/sportcoat have been unchanged for 50+ years. We can edit it to fit our times but there is a base, a foundation that needs to be understood."????
Not saying the pictures were paid for (Victor already said as much). Just saying that the person that took the photos in question is absolutely, without question, a professional photographer.
Too bad... But thanks still, @dieworkwear, for all of your efforts! I'm still on for an order in September...
Wow, you know even less about photography than I do...
I really enjoy your pictures. They seem to be a combination of quality photos in a palpably 'lived' environment (if that makes any sense...). I mean, that is really the crux of my earlier concerns: Not the quality of the photos per se, but rather the authenticity of the situation (and not as an accusation of any posters, though I understand how it has been thus taken, but as a subject simply spurred by the photo-shoot vibes of late). I have partaken in many photo shoots...
You started it! :-)
Re photos: My contribution was meant to be read as mild sarcasm mixed with a bit self deprecation, while also voicing slight concern regarding this forum becoming overly dependent on professional photography (and Victor was not the exclusive target of these remarks). That said, I certainly prefer quality photos to poor ones. But tend to try and gauge the poor photos with a 'grain of salt' or something like a suspension of disbelief, which might result in concentrating on...
A very good point.
I guess part of it has to do with the topic @Claghorn explores in his perception of dressing thread. I want to see what people are wearing in their day-to-day lives, and it's hard to discern if that's what's going on in the photo shoot scenarios (though, it certainly could be...). But I'll also concede that I'm particularly sour on this topic because of my own troubles taking quality photos (for example, I'd love to be a more active poster, but can't get my photo shit...