or Connect

Posts by uluvbs

For the Presidential Spread collar, may I ask the rear (i.e. outer) collar height? I think the site says 1 5/8", but I can't tell if that refers to the rear collar inner band, which tends to be a bit shorter than the outer one. Thank you.
I guess what I'm asking is: The 2/160s has MORE cotton threads in it, right? In other words, higher thread count = more cotton, no? If so, how could the weight of a 2/160s fabric be LESS than the weight of a 2/140s fabric? (Both apparently use Giza 45 cotton - i.e., same grade)
Assuming the same grade of cotton is used, how can one fabric be Weight: 100gms/sq.mt Yarn: 2/140's x 2/140's and then another fabric be Weight: 85gms/sq.mt Yarn: 2/160's x 2/160's Wouldn't the higher thread count (assuming all else is equal) result in a heavier fabric, or what am I missing/forgetting?
Hi, all. For those looking to spend no more than 100E per shirt, what would you say is the best option for off the rack dress shirts now? I would need something with a fairly tall collar. So far, it seems like Boggi (at 94E) is one good lead. Thank you.
Thank you. Anything specifically in Rome?
Heading back to Rome this summer. Any new recs for a tailor to make a man's shirt? I think I might try Caleffi again (assuming the price in Euros hasn't changed, it might actually be affordable this time around). Thank you.
Thank you. Any others for Rome? =}
Thank you. Anybody else?
Hi, all. I will be in both cities and wanted advice on a tailor (in either Rome or Florence) where prices are reasonable. I realize I will be ridiculed for this statement, but I'd like something like a 2/120s (good, but not top of the line) fabric for 200 euros. Is this realistic? If not, should I buy something there off the rack and get it altered? Which brands/stores come to mind?
actually, that is a good idea. or i guess i could buy a thin down jacket and they could stitch the entire thing in? but wouldn't there be a noticeable line/partition between where the bottom of the jacket/vest ended and the rest of the coat?