or Connect

Posts by Osprey Guy

+1 for Parkway Cleaners. I started using them over 15 yrs ago and they are the best! They are not your typical neighborhood dry cleaner. They know more about caring for fine, high-end garments than most (staff members with specialty backgrounds in textiles, etc). And this is one cleaners where you don't have to explain how special each garment is as you nervously hand them across the counter. The folks who work there actually know the difference from one label to...
Quote: Solid navy suit and solid navy tie OMG. What an unbelievably bad (not to mention boring) suggestion. I never fail to be amazed at how many uptight guys hang out in the SF, bashing anything that even hints of risk . Herd mentality at its finest. In spite of how it may appear in the close-up shot, the fabric of the shirt is essentially a tone-on-tone... Which means that it'll probably read as a solid from a few feet away. I see no problem...
Quote: White, cream, or black with stripes, if you must. Try not to buy anymore dark colored shirts. Ridiculous comment. Although best as sport shirts, when done well dark shirts can look great on anyone. BTW- Your shirt is quite nice. Very reminiscent of a dark purple, Gucci shirt I bought at Neiman's nearly 20 years ago (I liked it so much that I also bought it in a deep rust color). Still looks terrific today. Purple is probably most easily...
Most of the Dingman belts at the Rack come directly from the manufacturer and are the same quality as those found in the mainline store (perhaps 10% of the Dingman's at the Rack are markdowns that came from the mainline stores). As near as I can tell the belts are not made-up specifically for sale at outlet stores. However, you should still make sure to look them over before buying as they are primarily end-of-season stock, samples (that may or may not have made it into...
Quote: If they don't sell here, try putting this stuff on ebay. Stuff like this sells really well on the bay. You're absolutely right of course. I just thought I'd give 'em a try here first (The boots are definitely eBay material). Lately I find myself more and more reluctant to sell stuff on eBay. It's become such a pain... D-
Speaking of interesting items.... Thought I'd share pics I recently shot of a vintage pair of Versace ankle boots. I have several pairs of ankle boots from that season...These are probably the wildest of the group. Considering that they are nearly 20 years old they are in pretty great shape (due in no small part to the toppies and heal plates, which I was doing even way back then)!!
PRICE DROPS! Vince- I'm glad that you're pleased with the Versace ties you bought from me. Thanks to you other guys for your kind comments and support. Dennis
From my (extensive) Versace collection: These vintage jeans are from the early days of Versace, specifically 1993 (The manufacturing date is listed on the tag). Like so many items in my collection these jeans are in astonishing condition. These are a much higher quality than the Jeans Couture line. The denim is quite substantial and is very high grade. With gold medusas at the corners of every pocket and a large, gold medusa button, this is as iconic as it gets. Waist...
From my (extensive) Versace collection: First up...a few ties... #1). The green-on-green tie on the left is for sale (the one on the right has already been sold). Beginning about 10 years ago I pretty much no longer needed to wear neckties and these two were among a number of ties that I purchased but never got around to wearing. They have been sitting in one of my large, flat, Tupperware-style, storage boxes since I purchased them (around 1998?). My price: $73 $65...
Quote: It helps if you live near one of the biggest stores (Michigan Ave, Flagship, Bellevue, South Coast, etc.) because their local racks get the good stuff. Sorry. I have discussed this at length with numerous store employees and managers... and it is simply not true. Rack merchandise that actually originates from Nordstrom stores is first shipped to a central distribution center where it is then allocated to stores in other parts of the country....