or Connect

Posts by Louys

The pics look nice. I'm surprised how hard it is to find leathers in that color. I wonder if the product will hold up.
No but I've had drastically different sleeve lengths. I have a highlands shirt where the sleeves are just a hair away from being too short and a chambray where they are too long. 
I would really love to see the standard shirts sized more consistently. 
 Spot on. 
Hey Mike, is there any chance we'll see the Hawaiian shirts in a normal size run, specifically in the red fabric? I'd really like to snag a small.
Have you tried looking at sites that outfit shops? That's how I found mine, and for well under the price your looking for, though I'm in the UK and the place I got mine from doesn't ship to the US.
Freaking love the wilshire. Just picked up the last pair of naturals.
Pretty much. Weather, occupation, and lifestyle are all reasons people have for dressing one way rather than another. Aesthetics is another big one that you should probably add to that list. Of course whether 'good reasons' in general are subjective or objective in general is an even more bitter debate then whether or not there are rules. If, in theory, there are objectively good reasons for conforming or not conforming to certain social groups, preparing or not preparing...
That is partly what I was saying. Posters like Parker or InStitches who have very wide rage of styles they're comfortable with are a good example. Whatever they choose to wear its obvious that they have a very fine grained Idea of what they are going for and stick pretty closely to it. But even if you've got a look in mind and stick closely to it that doesn't guarantee that the look itself is good. What separates those with style from those without is having a good reason...
The major difference between CM and SWD is not that the former has rules and the latter doesn't. It's that in the world of CM, the world of the professional, of men 'on duty', a certain standard of dress does in fact exist and those who go about in that world must conform to it. Not only that, your reasonably educated CM guy understands why the standards of CM exists. In fewer words than the subject warrants every 'rule' in the CM book is in place to project an overall...