or Connect

Posts by mimo

Come along Clags, shoes, then watches.  Down the hole you go.  You can't be partly lost to SF.  Resistance is futile.   Next year you can do guns.  I discovered those threads recently, and that's a whole different kind of nuts.
 That is just not true.  Especially with a manual transmission: the biggest factors in braking, after the driver and brakes, are the tyres.  I'm sure ABS gets ever more sophisticated, and also that on average it's a good thing, especially in icy conditions.  But in a situation where you're braking hard on a normal road, tolerating a marginal loss of traction can be better than reducing braking force by X per cent according to a pre-defined algorithm.  A little squeak while...
I can't find it in the Euro store any more.
I have an F last ankle boot with closed lacing, and concur with the Rogmeister.  I do take a wider fitting, but same for an oxford/balmoral shoe.
What happened to the Livorno?  I'm kicking myself for not ordering a couple more if they've discontinued them - so cheap, but really great daily wears.
 Perhaps my opinion is irrelevant as I'm not on the same continent, but it sounds like an excellent marketing opportunity as much as anything. Also, now you've moved, is is possible to courier stuff to your physical address?  I want to arrange a monster shoe shipment and can't use a PO Box number for anything much bigger than a letter. I really need to get back below 50 pairs (sports shoes, sandals etc. excluded) to make room for koppage...
 I am holding you personally responsible for delivering a new MTO programme.  Maybe your shop can just make special group orders - you could be the new pre-MTO GMTO king of all of AE  That's the way.  I personally think denim is suitable only for motorcycling (of the slow, Harley Davidson/retro/urban variety), herding cattle in Texas, or forced labour/internment camps.  But coloured jeans and chinos are great casual wear.  Bottle green, sage green, brick red, chocolate...
 More than fifteen times, anyway.  Driving where I live is nuts, and road surfaces rarely replaced so they tend to polish smooth with use and high temperature.
Oh I agree to a point: like I said, in engineering and build quality, they get better and better.  I've no nostalgia for carburettors, drum brakes, tubular chassis or everything rusting to bits.  Modern cars are better cars than old cars, no question.   But on ABS in particular, I beg to differ.  Sort of.  Yes, as a "universal" solution for a bad road surface or just a misjudgement, it gives an average improvement in braking ability by cadence braking automatically.  But...
 Perhaps I'm just a reactionary.  OK, I am just a reactionary.  But more modern cars of every kind are less reliable than their predecessors - and the "higher" the model, the worse they are.  The simple reason is that they are much more complicated.  So much more of a modern car is controlled by a computer, and just like your cellphone or your PC, these things have a life limitation that is different to mechanical wear.   Sure, some cars expose design flaws in their...