Posts by mimo

Oyster is the bestest.
 Absolutely.  I preferred the look of the first generation and bought it accordingly, but the lack of the hand wind feature is actually quite annoying, as I can't "top it up" with the others when I'm not wearing it.  Must get a winder, but it bugged me more than I expected. Either way it's a brilliant watch for the money, which I think can be said for most Seikos.
"How blue" is a reasonable question, especially with a dodgy phone pic: for reference, my shirt is light blue in the pic, so the dial is definitely bluer than it looks.  It's a dark blue, but intense and shiny.  It's very attractive.  How else can I put it?  OK, it's a serious colour, but very clearly not black, even from a distance.  As blues go, it's a very good one!
This thread is at its best when it starts to enter territory I don't really understand.  Well, that and the pretty pictures.   Some tyre-kicking at Heathrow (T4) on Monday:     I like the smaller 38mm Octo on the wrist.  It wears pretty big because of the shape, so I think this one is doable as a dress watch much more easily than its inflated cousin (though I do like the big chrono version as a casual piece).  I'm not sure I can totally love this as a dress watch...
I disagree that a jumping second is inherently "worse" than a sweeping second.  We have just come (in the last forty years) to associate the former with cheap quartz watches.  Quartz movements can have a sweeping second hand too.  But more significantly, the jumping hand for a mechanical movement is an engineering advancement.  It is less challenging perhaps, but no more irrelevant, than a tourbillon: an advancement of design with minimal practical use, but valued for its...
 But this is also true!
Stowa is great.  I had the Baumuster B (now on my son's wrist) which is a lovely watch at any price: distinctive design with history and nothing it doesn't need (well, apart from a display back but that's a bonus; the dial is perfect).  A Marine Original with the classic deck watch style of Arabic numbers on white would be my next choice.   I also like the dial of the Antea more than the Tangente, but "the" Nomos for me is the Orion.  I don't think anything else in the...
This is StyleForum; we care about the details!  But fair enoughl.  All I would say is there was probably a time when you didn't care much about your shoes.  Know a little, and you will probably want to know a lot.  Then you're screwed. 
It's a nice-looking watch.  And plenty of users here have Sea-Gull powered watches.  I haven't, but my assumption on purely anecdotal reputation is that it should work fine, but might not last for years and years.  I do have a Miyota powered watch that is accurate and has an excellent power reserve.   I can see what you mean about the lugs on the KW.  Modern, unusual and attractive.  However, I wouldn't.  Considering the level at which you buy your clothes, this seems a...
FAKE!