or Connect

Posts by mimo

Sweet mercy...that is beautiful.  Though, practicalities aside, it surely deserves prettier grips.  But really, if you were going to cheat on your 586...she would make an outstanding mid-life crisis.
 Athough I handed my Baumuster B off to my son, I'm still a big fan of Stowa, and the Marine Original (white dial, Arabic numbers, of course) was next on my list.  That and a Pro-Diver. I had two reservations: firstly, it's reasonably large yet as a simple, white dialed watch I'd probably want to wear it with a suit.  I'm in two minds about it.  And secondly, would I rather just save up and get something more "special" as a new regular dress watch?  But it is a damn good...
I'm starting to think that @Belligero is a virtual assassin hired by Swatch.
 That deep tuck thing looks extremely efficient at the "concealed"part.  But two questions from the curious: where do you carry it exactly (I mean where on your waist, not "to the supermarket"), and is that solid, knobbly lump of Kydex comfortable?
"Liquid meal" - Freudian slip?! Some good looking stuff there - though why make a Speedy look like a Planet Ocean?! And true about Seiko. I still love mine.
That's the one I was trying to remember - thanks!
 (Plus a few visits to Barcelona).   I had the great pleasure of meeting him at his shop a couple of months ago.  Very friendly guy.
Seems to me that even if a Royal Oak is your grail "one-watch", there should always be room for something less delicate - whether it's a Seiko or a Rolex.  RO for everything, Sub or GMT for everything else? :)
Ribbed OTC's, large, one of each plz.  Or whatever is left. Whichever is the moar.
 On the first point, my personal experience with fully bespoke shoes is limited to a couple of pairs, but there are some things you might like to consider: - It takes a long time.  If it doesn't, the risk of poor fit/quality increases exponentially.  Read the same for bespoke shoes that are made on the basis of mailed drawings, self-measurements and impressions in foam.  Whatever methods are used, even repeated personal fittings, it may take more than one go to get a last...