or Connect

Posts by mimo

They are priced competitively after the inevitable 30 per cent discount.
Pansy. 43 for me. Should I consider a linen dial?
I do love that Galet Micro-Rotor with shameful passion.
Yes, I think we're saying the same thing on the glacial design evolution: it works - provided the design is coherent in the first place.  A Submariner or a 911 looks good because it's always looked good.  And even those conservative designers come out with the occasional innovation, be it an annual calendar or a Panamera (which is an ugly pic imho, but I digress).  Where I think MB are so far off is in trying so many completely different styles at once as their starting...
 Only changing up.  Stick your toe under the gear lever, a little pressure, roll off the throttle and it slides in with a satisfying little pop.  But don't try changing down without the clutch. :D
 Fair point.  Even those with a continuous line of production for however long have often changed hands many times and are led now by one of the brand behemoths that control most of the industry.  I am more impressed by history shown elegantly through the design than "Depuis 17xx..." And that is my principal issue with Montblanc: as much as it grates to see their unfamiliar labels, I've no problem with them, or Louis Vuitton or Hermes doing what they're doing.  They have...
  Not going to happen.  But I am awaiting news on something else.  It is about as far from the Oktopus, or Montblanc's Chronoswiss tribute collection above, as it is possible to get.  It's also cheaper.
I would genuinely rather own the "Oktopus".
 Yes, that's pretty much how I feel about it.  But it's also how I feel to a point about Urwerk, or Greubel Forsey.  It's a Linde Werdelin "Oktopus Moon Carbon".  Apparently it's also a child molester and a terrorist.  
But what you see on the RO are the nuts, not the screws, and the aligned slots are purely decorative. Still, point taken, it's definitely untidy looking.